We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Grand Pineapple Beach Negril

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Thunder Bay, Canada
Level Contributor
2,242 posts
195 reviews
Save Topic
Grand Pineapple Beach Negril

For this resort Grand Pineapple Beach Negril

The reviews are quite good, does say it is good for singles.

I am just looking for a good resort that would have some what popularity with single people. Perhaps there be single ladies as well.

This looks like a nice tasteful resort and good budget,

like some direct feedback

so far the reviews are good

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Grand Pineapple Beach Negril

It will work well for you, no worries. The reviews are pretty accurate. The added bonus of this resort is that it is next door to Alfred's, one of the top reggae bars in Negril with late night entertainment 2-3 times every week. A short walk up and across the road is the Jungle night club. Ladies night is Thursday, They host a big show every week as well. Check it out. A little bit up the beach is Roots Bamboo which also has live reggae.

Go for it.

Toronto
Level Contributor
5 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Grand Pineapple Beach Negril

Hi, can you tell me where I can find the reviews? I can't seem to find this resort in tripadvisor.

Thanks.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,499 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Grand Pineapple Beach Negril

At the moment, Grand Pineapple is closed by Sandals last August. Then Sandals decided to reopen the resort starting Dec. 15, 2012

TA pulled the reviews upon the GP closure.

It operates are an entry-level AI (one close-to-beach bar, one buffet-orient eatery), pool and 'sports centre' is across the main street.

Toronto
Level Contributor
5 posts
76 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Grand Pineapple Beach Negril

Thank you for your prompt reply.

Would you be able to tell me how the resort ranked among the 100 or so hotels in Negril in TA prior to it being pulled from the site?

Also, do you foresee any risk in booking with the resort for next February? That is, how reliable is the "fact" that it will re-open in December?

Avon Park
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
44 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Grand Pineapple Beach Negril

I have stayed twice at GP as a single and had a wonderful time. Both times I booked a beachfront room ...well worth the money IMHO.

The meals are buffet and there are return guests who come a couple of times a year. One in particular was quite entertaining to observe...( too funny).

The bar is the main hangout at night and bartenders are talented.

During one trip to GP I met some Canadians who were also return guests. We now plan our vacations to reunite annually we had so much fun together. We booked at Merrill's this year.

Lots of couples and singles so no worries...,met some really cool people at GP.

Leprechaunshag

6. Re: Grand Pineapple Beach Negril

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 15 December 2013, 12:17