We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

CocoLa Palm Deluxe vs. Superior Rooms

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Topic
CocoLa Palm Deluxe vs. Superior Rooms

Hey guys,

Wife and I are thinking about booking at CocoLa Palm. Looks good and we've been by there before in previous trips to Negril.

I wanted to know what the differences were between Superior and Deluxe rooms.

Are they both 2nd floor rooms that are the newer models?

Does either one have ocean front/view?

Thanks for the help guys!

Kingston, Canada
Level Contributor
19,497 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: CocoLa Palm Deluxe vs. Superior Rooms

The rooms are in the newer section and the only difference is that one is slightly larger than the other. Both are ground floor rooms with a patio. None have an ocean view. They either face towards the pool/garden area or are on the other side of the buildings facing away towards the adjacent property. If you can afford a Jr. Suite instead go with it.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: CocoLa Palm Deluxe vs. Superior Rooms

Blue,

Thanks! I don't see the Jr. Suite as an option on Expedia...Would I have to book directly with the hotel?

Nashville, TN
Level Contributor
90 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: CocoLa Palm Deluxe vs. Superior Rooms

We just returned from our stay at CCLP. Hubby and I stayed in a Superior room and the other couple traveling with us booked a Deluxe. The Deluxe rooms had a king size bed and the Superior had 2 queen beds. Both were on the ground floor. It is my understanding that only the Junior Suites are on the second floor.

Our Superior room was close to the pool and had a small covered patio, while their Deluxe room was set back in a secluded corner surrounded by vegetation. It had an outdoor patio, no roof. Neither had ocean views, and don't know if there are any rooms in this class that do. But CCLP is not a large resort and in any room, you are only steps from the beach. If possible, I would request a room as far away from the road as possible.

Don't know when you are traveling, but check out the deals at negrilonestop.com. They are an agency based in Toronto (I believe) and are great to deal with. There are excellent pictures of all the rooms on their website.

As a comparison, this was our third trip to Negril. First time, we stayed at Idle Awhile, second time at Country Country, and this time at CCLP.

We LOVED CCLP........great beach, wonderful employees, fun times at both the regular bar and the beach bar/grill. As many posters have noted, you can't go wrong with CCLP......it is where we plan to stay on our next visit.

Baltimore, MD
Level Contributor
81 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: CocoLa Palm Deluxe vs. Superior Rooms

Thanks for the good feedback Liz...

We ended up booking a junior suite with them...

Hope to have ANOTHER great time in Negril...

Thanks!

5. Re: CocoLa Palm Deluxe vs. Superior Rooms

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 June 2013, 23:41