We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Dukoral to prevent Diarrhea

Which Negril hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Regina,Sask
Level Contributor
361 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Dukoral to prevent Diarrhea

Has anyone used Dukoral to aide in the prevention of diarrhea?

ontario
Level Contributor
56 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Dukoral to prevent Diarrhea

I have used it for the last 5 years when we've gone to the Dominican and Mexico and will be taking my booster dose in a week or so before we head to Jamaica.....I haven't had an issue at all......

Calgary
Level Contributor
1,997 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Dukoral to prevent Diarrhea

should not have any problems with food/water in Negril

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
2,792 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Dukoral to prevent Diarrhea

4th trip to Jamaica and never taken. Never been any issues with the food or water....maybe just the rum :)

Regina,Sask
Level Contributor
361 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Dukoral to prevent Diarrhea

Too Cold, I have used Dukoral for the last five trips and have never had a problem.. But the question is, was it because of the Dukoral or the rum or cold beer? I don't know the ansewer.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
340 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Dukoral to prevent Diarrhea

Interesting to note that according to their own commercials, one of the "potential side affects" of dukoral IS diarrhea.

As for us, we never take anything and we're just fine.

Iowa
Level Contributor
1,784 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Dukoral to prevent Diarrhea

In many trips all over the island never had an issue that wasnt self brought on .. you know what I mean lol

Canada
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Dukoral to prevent Diarrhea

Hubby and i going to Jamaica in Feb. and yes we will be taking Dukoral, for definite! Have been on many trips before and have never ever been sick, but 4 years ago went to Mexico, i could not even go off the resort it was that bad, can't say i blame the resort, but have never had this problem before.You don't want this to ruin your vacation, only ever happened once to me and don't want it to happen again

Canada
Level Contributor
105 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Dukoral to prevent Diarrhea

Hubby and i going to Jamaica in Feb. and yes we will be taking Dukoral, for definite! Have been on many trips before and have never ever been sick, but 4 years ago went to Mexico, i could not even go off the resort it was that bad, can't say i blame the resort, but have never had this problem before.You don't want this to ruin your vacation, only ever happened once to me and don't want it to happen again

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
340 posts
38 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Dukoral to prevent Diarrhea

Well, to be fair, I don't know of anyone who has gone to Mexico and NOT gotten "montezuma's revenge".

Jamaica is MUCH different. You can drink the tap water - no problems.

nova scotia
Level Contributor
1,849 posts
81 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Dukoral to prevent Diarrhea

Big difference between MX and JM (and DR)! One thing you might want to consider is if there is a bacteria/parasite present, you might not want to stop the trots - best to let nature rid itself!