We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewel Runaway Bay - Day Passes

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,193 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Jewel Runaway Bay - Day Passes

Hello - We will be at Jewel Paradise Cove in a few weeks for 7 days and was wondering what the cost of a day pass to Jewel Runaway Bay would be (or do they happen to offer free exchange privilieges between Jewel properties). Thought it might be a nice option to mix it up with an afternoon at JRB (and of course because I love JRB and just returned).

Looking for the price of the pass only, as we would set up our own cab between resorts. Also, how far in advance do you need to book a day pass, or can you do it the morning of.

Cheers! Too Cold.

16 replies to this topic
Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
1,636 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay - Day Passes

I think there's probably a bit of a misunderstanding on the pricing. If you book direct with Jewels, for a room based on 2 adults, 2 children, you would pay the full price per night per room cost based on 2 adults and then $50 per child per night. This would be the full quoted price and not a surprise addition once you get there.

If you book via a travel agent, the price maybe slightly different depending on what their own child policy prices are. For example, some package operators charge full adult price for children over 12, but Jewels direct would only charge the $50 up to age 14. Hope that bit makes sense.

If a travel agents quotes you, that should be based on the total cost for 2+2, not for 2 adults only and then a separate charge from the resort.

Edited: 23 May 2017, 15:17
Connecticut
Level Contributor
10,915 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay - Day Passes

ashdownj2014,

My guess about the US$50 you referred to:

Kids that are15 years of age and older pay full adult rate but some families may declare them as kids (since there are under 18) to their travel agent and thus pay the seasonally adjusted kids rate. But when that family arrives at JRB, reception staff will ask for additional funds for those kids 15 and older.

As your kids are well under 15, you will not have that problem.

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
11 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay - Day Passes

Hi Scott.. do you know if there is a height requirement for the water slide?

Nashville, Tennessee
Level Contributor
2,643 posts
40 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay - Day Passes

I was hoping it would be free to do an exchange day. I always liked this perk offered by Sandals and Couples.In fact, it was by doing an exchange day from Couples Negril to Couples Swept Away that made us book a future trip to CSA.

Jamaica
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
2,921 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay - Day Passes

48"

Scott from JRB

Niagara Falls...
Level Contributor
11 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay - Day Passes

How strict are they in this ? My nephew is 46-47 " at the moment.. we are hoping he grows a bit before our visit..

Reply to: Jewel Runaway Bay - Day Passes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted