We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jewel Runaway Bay Questions

Painted Post, NY
Level Contributor
96 posts
3 reviews
Jewel Runaway Bay Questions

Very excited to have booked a family trip to JRB over Christmas this year! My husband and I stayed at this resort some years ago when it was Breezes Runaway Bay. Really looking forward to being back as a family. We will have two children with us on the trip, a boy age 13 and a girl age 11.

Question regarding the rooms: Is there a way to find out which room categories are located in which buildings? I have a map listing the buildings and a separate sheet listing the room categories, but no information to connect the two.

For the rooms with private plunge pools, is the water cooler? Seems like they would not get as much sun due to the wall configuration next to them.

Does anyone know what the pool hours are? I believe I read that the waterpark closes at 6 p.m., but didn't see anything about the main pool. I love taking a swim after dinner but know there are only a handful of resorts in Jamaica that don't close their pools for the evening.

Appreciate any help you can provide. :-)

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
15 reviews
1. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay Questions

As you've mentioned room location and included plunge pool as a question, I'll assume that's what you have booked. Plunge pool rooms, except ocean front, are located on the east side of the middle block and the west side of the block nearest the water park In the winter months they don't get much sun and the water is much cooler than during the summer. You can use the pool any time unless it's being treated. After 6pm though, there are no lifeguards on duty.

Painted Post, NY
Level Contributor
96 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay Questions

Great, thank you for your help! We've actually booked a water view room but weren't sure where they are located, but do understand that "water" might mean a view of the pool or waterpark. :-) We might request an upgrade, but wasnt' sure which buildings housed which room types.

Thanks for the info on the pool times; so good to hear there is no strict closing times!! Have only done Jamaica between April-September, so will have to do some research on the December temps.

Cambridge, United...
Level Contributor
2,243 posts
15 reviews
3. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay Questions

Currently at JRB now and also booked for Xmas (this will be our 5th Xmas here). December temps are usually around 28-30deg. Not as humid as summer months in the evening. Never had the need for sweaters or the such at night, but that would depend on what temps you are used to. For us U.K. Travellers it still feels hotter than our summers lol.

Water view rooms could be any of the 3 blocks, as it could be by one of the pools or the water park. I would definitely recommend booking the room that you are going to be happy with, as upgrades aren't often available on arrival at Xmas.

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
2,977 posts
31 reviews
4. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay Questions

Dawn is great.

Waterview rooms are on block three facing east, Block two facing west and some east second floor and block one facing both east and west. Any pool or partial sea view.

Scott from JRB

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
68 reviews
5. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay Questions

Scott: On your resort map the room blocks are labeled Opal, Ruby and Turquoise - which correspond with the block numbers please?

www.resortsmaps.com/map-JewelRunawayBay.html

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
1,315 posts
68 reviews
6. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay Questions

Sorry, and Topaz building

Orlando, Florida
Destination Expert
for Ocho Rios
Level Contributor
2,977 posts
31 reviews
7. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay Questions

Sorry Topaz is Block one, Ruby is block 2, Opal is block 3 and Turquoise is block 4

scott from Jrb

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,485 posts
33 reviews
8. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay Questions

Seasonality - Very excited as well, my husband and I are taking our 16 and 10 year old daughters for two weeks over Christmas (Dec 18 to Jan 1). Just waiting for our upgrade confirmation from Sherefa Brown who is great to work with on upgrade requests. It will be my third trip and we have done butler level each time (just love the butler staff). Cheers! Too Cold

Painted Post, NY
Level Contributor
96 posts
3 reviews
9. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay Questions

Great info, thanks everyone!!!

Nice to e-meet you, Too Cold! We'll only be there for one week (12/20-27), but looking forward to meeting you guys!

I just noticed that there is a Red Ruby Ranch....my daughter is going to flip! She loves horses!

10. Re: Jewel Runaway Bay Questions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 June 2018, 00:17
Get answers to your questions about Runaway Bay