We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

JRB - Confusing Review

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
3,195 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
JRB - Confusing Review

I was just reading a recent review on JRB "Will Never Come Back" and there are elements that a quite confusing to me because many of the comments are opposite of my experiences. I think some of it comes down to lack of research on the part of the poster.

- not everything is AI - yes and that is on the website. Concierge levels and up receive alcohol in the room and free room service.

- felt as if we were at a spring break party resort. Really?? I find it to be on the quieter side unless you are around the area they do resort games.

- rude employees - never smiled or said hello. This one made me lol. You are hard pressed to find an employee who doesn't smile or say hi.

- wifi is very weak - I have yet to find a resort with perfect wifi. You can find strong signals though

- No security stand upon entering the resort - really - Scott has something changed since December because aren't their usually three guards at the front lobby and one at each end of the resort - lol.

- drinks are not strong. I almost spit out my coffee when I read this one - I usually have to ask for less alcohol

- tile is falling off the swim up pool bar. Tile falling off is always my favorite complaint. I will PERSONALLY inspect this in December.

Some people like to complain for the sake of complaining I guess. Too Cold

11 replies to this topic
birmingham,england
Level Contributor
345 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: JRB - Confusing Review

Hi as the saying goes 'you can't please all the people all the time' I generally read between the lines and make my own opinion.

I think that some of the reviews maybe knee jerk reactions to 1 or 2 not so good points of a hotel and that some people dwell on the negative points rather than enjoying the lots of positive points and base the review on those negative points.

A holiday/vacation is what you make of it. Spend too much energy on the bad points and your holiday will be the same.

That's my honest opinion anyways.

Reply to: JRB - Confusing Review
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted