We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Braco Beach Resort and Spa?

Saskatchewan, Canada
Level Contributor
303 posts
9 reviews
Save Topic
Braco Beach Resort and Spa?

Hi all,

Just noticed Sunwing here in Canada is now offering this resort. In my research it appears to be formerly Breezes Rio Bueno (formerly Grand Lido Braco). My question is does anyone know if there is still the au natural area? Any information as to whom if anyone has taken over this resort or if it is being run by the government. Was hoping to find a little snorkelling there also....anyone know? I would love any thoughts or information about this as we just might give it a try.

Thanks,

Bsrb

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
221. Re: Braco Beach Resort and Spa?

Thanks Appleturnover! We are a group of 6, do you know how we book the a la cartes that need reservations? Appreciate your help.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
15 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
222. Re: Braco Beach Resort and Spa?

There is a reservations lady who sits in corner the main bar near Guest Services in the mornings and takes bookings.

Sushi was great!

One night we also book a private dinner through Guest Services on a terrace over the main bar that was really nice. Talked with the Executive Chef Marc Tarragona and arranged a special menu. They setup tables with candles on the rails and we had two servers - one who sang. Very nice. It cost a few bucks extra but it was worth it.

Appleturnover

Charlottetown...
Level Contributor
43 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
223. Re: Braco Beach Resort and Spa?

That sounds amazing, thanks for the info.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
428 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
224. Re: Braco Beach Resort and Spa?

Someone posted this pic under the hotel photos...is this part of the beach area at the resort...it doesn't look like the other photos that have been posted of the beach area....

tripadvisor.com/LocationPhotos-g147317-d2520…

Edmonton
Level Contributor
1 post
7 reviews
Save Reply
225. Re: Braco Beach Resort and Spa?

Yes, that looks like building 5. We were in building 6 and walked by that hedge everyday. You'll love this place, especially the staff!

North Carolina
Level Contributor
428 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
226. Re: Braco Beach Resort and Spa?

Thanks Amadas09. It looks like the link I posted no longer points to the same pic...the pic I was referring to is now about 4 photos in....with the caption "ugly brown sand beach." It was posted by Datruth911.

North Carolina
Level Contributor
428 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
227. Re: Braco Beach Resort and Spa?

Some of the recent reviews are a little concerning...I wonder if management will address the issues or if this is the way it will be until the lease ends. :(

Quakertown...
4 posts
Save Reply
228. Re: Braco Beach Resort and Spa?

Just returned to US after a week at Braco. It was amazing. The staff (except for the sunwing reps) were the happiest, friendliest and most efficient you may imagine. Rooms were immaculate and roomy.

Water shoes needed for one of the beaches.

Food was very good and drinks were great. If bar is out of your favorite liquor, just ask and they will get it for you. Bar service was tremendous. Andre at the piano bar was a show unto himself-really made the vacation great.

Weather was perfect.

Hamilton
Level Contributor
2 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
229. Re: Braco Beach Resort and Spa?

Hoping to book last minute, but need wifi as hubby is away on business and will be only way to maintain contact. Please let me know if wifi service is good and can I access through my own netbook? Much appreciated.

Bas St-Laurent...
Level Contributor
6 posts
1 review
Save Reply
230. Re: Braco Beach Resort and Spa?

Just return from a week at the Braco and like evereybody else, we loved the resort... room, food and staff were great!!!... enjoy every minutes of it specially the thursday street party ...;-)))

For the wifi, it's free and available everywhere around the main buildings.