We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

If you are coming to Runaway Bay would you...

Which Runaway Bay hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Runaway Bay, Jamaica
Level Contributor
3,674 posts
1 review
Save Topic
If you are coming to Runaway Bay would you...

... consider carrying a book in your luggage for me?

I have a book that I just bought in the states (The Power of Now) and am hoping that someone here residing in the US on this board might be willing to let me have it shipped to you & you would carry it in your luggage for me? I could meet you anywhere of your choice to pick it up... buy you a beer for your trouble :)

It weighs 7.4 ounces ...

Spanks in advance!

Runaway Bay, Jamaica
Level Contributor
3,674 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: If you are coming to Runaway Bay would you...

~

Rehoboth Beach...
Level Contributor
4,620 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: If you are coming to Runaway Bay would you...

We are not coming until April 14th. If you still need help then we will be glad to bring the book down for you. We will be staying at RDCC.

Runaway Bay, Jamaica
Level Contributor
3,674 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: If you are coming to Runaway Bay would you...

Excellent! Thank you!!! I will keep you posted... I am hoping to have it in hand before then :) Considering having my Indiana roommate just send it thru the mail for me. I only paid a couple of US dollars for it. So if I lose it to someone that thinks they need it more than me then it won't be a HUGE financial loss.

BUT... if someone is coming down in the next couple of weeks... and willing to tote it along ... lemme know :)

East Windsor, New...
Level Contributor
524 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: If you are coming to Runaway Bay would you...

What is the reasoning behind this, Frosty? Why can't you carry this small book yourself? I don't get it...

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: If you are coming to Runaway Bay would you...

She lives in Jamaica, Bill.

East Windsor, New...
Level Contributor
524 posts
94 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: If you are coming to Runaway Bay would you...

Ah, okay! Too expensive to ship to JA?

Indiana
Level Contributor
10,649 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: If you are coming to Runaway Bay would you...

Just a hunch but I would say both unreliable and more expensive than it is worth.

What would you be willing to pay to 'maybe' get a book you paid three bucks for?

Bodega, California
Level Contributor
14,202 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: If you are coming to Runaway Bay would you...

I'm just grateful I have friends coming down pretty continuously while I'm here so I don't have to ask peeps I don't know to carry stuff for me. Since I too live there (part time, like Frosty) I try to make sure I have everything I need but I do understand when stuff crops up like a book I really want to read that needs to be brought from foreign.

Frosty - KINDLE or NOOK. I'm doing that next year even though I like leaving books for my friends. I tend to bring down 5-6 books...this year I read three of them 2 weeks in! So I'm seeing the value of the downloaded literature, lol. Hub downloads books onto his IPhone - perhaps you can do that?

Edited: 20 February 2012, 14:51
Brampton
Level Contributor
638 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: If you are coming to Runaway Bay would you...

...and who would be willing to give you their address?

There's stalker potential here... lol

Luckly, I don't think Frosty is the stalker type.... but then again, what do I know?

Kenosha, Wisconsin...
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: If you are coming to Runaway Bay would you...

Soooo ,someone knows that you are leaving the country and has specific dates that you will be gone , as well as the address your leaving from.

Umm yeah