We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

pre-schooler friendly adventures?

Tampa,FL
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
pre-schooler friendly adventures?

Hello,

My husband and I will be traveling to the island for 2 weeks on the back end of December. We are wondering where to take our kids (3 &4) to experience the culture/Christmas in PR. We were both born there but raised in the states, so a lot gets lost and we want them to get to know a bit of their roots. The idea is that we will make trips as often as possible to keep the culture, so while they may not remember a whole lot from this trip we intend to build on it.

Any suggestions for little kid friendly activities would be greatly appreciated. We will mainly be staying in the west coast but have a few days reserved for the east coast. We speak fluently, so that won't be an issue. It's been 10 years since we last went. We just didn't grow up there to know the ins and outs of what's best, especially when you have limited time.

Cynthia :)

4 replies to this topic
Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,860 posts
24 reviews
1. Re: pre-schooler friendly adventures?

Take them to the Arecibo Lighthouse and historical Park. Great way to show some history.

Tampa,FL
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
2. Re: pre-schooler friendly adventures?

Thank you!!! That’s on my list. Glad to know it’s a good idea🙂

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
9,450 posts
49 reviews
3. Re: pre-schooler friendly adventures?

Definitely take them to the forts in Old San Juan. Lots of history there, and they can have fun flying kites too at El Morro's grounds.

If you stay until January 6th, which is the Three Kings Day (our version of Christmas Day, but only for children), go to Juana Diaz for the Three Kings Day parade. It's a fantastic way to learn and enjoy our culture.

Edited: 16 November 2018, 10:08
Tampa,FL
Level Contributor
6 posts
17 reviews
4. Re: pre-schooler friendly adventures?

I would definitely take them to that if we were there. We celebrate 3 kings but one day we’ll stay during that time in Puerto Rico so they can experience it. My husband and I are both born there but raised in the US. We just want to give the kids a taste of their roots and the beauty of our culture.

Reply to: pre-schooler friendly adventures?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted