We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How much is gas???

Claremore...
1 post
Save Topic
How much is gas???

I am traveling to Fajardo Puerto Rico and trying to figure out if it will be cost effective to rent a car but cannot find out how much gas is down there. Any help would be great!

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
7,944 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: How much is gas???

The prices are basically the same as here in the US mainland. The difference is that gas is sold by the liter, not the gallon. So whatever the prices is here (sorry, I rather not know or else I'll want to scream), divide it into 4, and you'll have an idea of the price in PR.

Rincon,PR
Level Contributor
1,327 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How much is gas???

Hi Kara,

All gas stations sell by the liter. Depending on wich gas station you go to, you could py as little as .78 centes per liter times by 4=1 gallon. Or as much as .87 cents per liter times by 4=1 gallon.

Hope this helps a little. Enjoy Fajardo....

High Point, North...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: How much is gas???

Multiply by 4, not divide going prices are $3.84 to $ 3.92

High Point, North...
Level Contributor
18 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: How much is gas???

Multiply by 4, not divide going prices are $3.84 to $ 3.92

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
7,944 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: How much is gas???

To obtain the price in PR, the OP has to DIVIDE the price HERE into 4 as gas price here is sold by the gallon.

Edited: 21 March 2012, 10:28
Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
1,279 posts
121 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: How much is gas???

1 gallon = 3.785 liters. This morning I paid $0.95 / liter on the way to the airport. Cost / gallon =$3.60

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
7,944 posts
46 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: How much is gas???

$3.60 is a steal! Here in King of Prussia, PA is up to $3.90something +. I feel robbed each time I fill up.

Edited: 21 March 2012, 11:07
Quincy
Level Contributor
94 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: How much is gas???

I wouldnt worry about it too much. We rented a car and drove to Fajardo and then back to the Wyndham. We took mulitple trips to the store, restaurants, El Yunque and even back to San Juan for dinner one night.

Used less than a half a tank of gas in a mid sized car.

9. Re: How much is gas???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 June 2013, 08:17