We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nude or topless beaches in SJ or close by?

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Virginia
Level Contributor
16 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Nude or topless beaches in SJ or close by?

Are there any?

Cleveland, Ohio
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico, Carolina
Level Contributor
7,897 posts
28 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Nude or topless beaches in SJ or close by?

Nope. Against the law. Puerto Rico is pretty conservative when it comes to that. There is a beach on the El Conqustador's private island that is clothing optional. That's about it.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nude or topless beaches in SJ or close by?

It's againts the law, but Puerto Ricans IMHO is not that conservative. What's conservative is the laws. Most Puerto Ricans won't mind, but because the law is in place it seems that way.

Caracas, Venezuela
Level Contributor
55 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Nude or topless beaches in SJ or close by?

I've heard you can do that in some beach near Manatí, but I haven't actually been there... That's maybe an hour away from San Juan

Juana Díaz, PR
Level Contributor
70 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nude or topless beaches in SJ or close by?

Said by boricua-one

>>It's againts the law, but Puerto Ricans IMHO is not that conservative. What's conservative is the laws. Most Puerto Ricans won't mind, but because the law is in place it seems that way.

Keep in mind that you cannot just go nude or topless to any public beach. What you said can make people think that you can take off your top and nobody will care. That's not true and you are likely to get in trouble. You won't find ANYONE naked or topless in any public beach. And also keep in mind that there are VERY FEW non public beaches in Puerto Rico.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nude or topless beaches in SJ or close by?

Luis,

You definitely miss understood my comments BIG time. First of all some people been bold to remove the top in many beaches in Puerto Rico and not many did bothered to call the local police. Trust me, I grew up in Rio Piedras and Ocean park was one of my hang outs. I have many relatives and family in Condado and friends that have seen such act. Would you call that conservative society? I currently work in the middle east and trust me, those are real conservative culture. Lets pick Bahrain, for example, just in case you don't know, Bahrain is the most liberal country in the gulf, and still is way more conservative than Puerto Rico. If someone laid on the beach topless on a public beach most likely the locals will call the cops, Bahraini police will arrest that individual without hesitation. Be aware some people in this forum had witnessed such a thing in Puerto Rico. Thats not new.

Since you have no clue what I meant conservative I a was talking the population in general. If Puerto Rico was such a conservative culture, then why we have Frenchies, Deja Vu, The Gentlemen clubs, and boy the list goes on. How about several people wearing thongs, or provocative clothes, or overexposing sensitive parts of the body, or having Penthouse magazines in our shelfs, cable tv, yaep you know what I am talking about, you call that conservative? So therefore, the law is a conservative law, and BTW me and many boricuas we know better, we are not that conservative.

Last thing Luis, show me where I endorsed or encourage tourist to go ahead and take it off? I already said , its against the law, so when a person take off the top and nobody cares, it means they din't mind right? Did some called the police? probably, and for sure some been in trouble and paid fines but again, the law is in place, and when some won't call the police, is not conservative.

Boston, MA
Level Contributor
2,602 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Nude or topless beaches in SJ or close by?

Hey boricua-one, I knew you wouldn't let that slide. Nice comeback.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nude or topless beaches in SJ or close by?

Thanks PR-Visitor,

Trying to get the record straight. I know you know Boricuas very well.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Nude or topless beaches in SJ or close by?

BTW, I did heard PRTC is trying to promote Puerto Rico as a destination to some European countries. I lived in Europe for more than six years and some will look for a beach that will fit their life style. With the current law it will not attract some Europeans, and Americans as well.This is why some opted to go other Caribbean destinations.

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nude or topless beaches in SJ or close by?

To cleared my last post I meant a law that will allow private beaches to suit their lifestyles.

10. Re: Nude or topless beaches in SJ or close by?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 03 January 2011, 00:17