We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bio Bay Kayak tour with transportation from San Juan

Which San Juan hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Okotoks, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
14 reviews
Save Topic
Bio Bay Kayak tour with transportation from San Juan

I am interested in knowing if there are tour operators that do kayak tours to Bio Bay with transportation from San Juan. If so I would like to know how long it takes (or how far is Bio Bay from San Juan), and approx. costs of these tours. We are there for 3 nights prior to a cruise.

Okotoks, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bio Bay Kayak tour with transportation from San Juan

We are also hoping to hike in the rainforest. Is it a good idea to try and do these in the same day? Are they close together (or in the same general direction)? Are we better to rent a car or are there tour companies that do both?

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,872 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Bio Bay Kayak tour with transportation from San Juan

They are in the same general direction. Biobay is about 30 farther east from El Yunque.

Kayaking Puerto Rico (kayakingpuertorico.com) provides transportation.

They also have a trip that combines the rainforest with the biobay.

But you can always rent a car and do it yourself.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,790 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bio Bay Kayak tour with transportation from San Juan

Call Debby at 787-381-1340. She is a Tour Guide and does either trip seperate or combine.

Guaynabo, Puerto...
Destination Expert
for Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
1,739 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bio Bay Kayak tour with transportation from San Juan

There is a list of the various operators (that have websites) here visit-the-coqui.com/2010/… several offer transport at an extra cost

Okotoks, Canada
Level Contributor
149 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Bio Bay Kayak tour with transportation from San Juan

All very helpful. Thankyou.

If we rent a car are the places fairly easy to find? What are the roads like? Also are the rainforest hikes fairly well marked? Would we just book with a tour operator in Fajardo for a kayak tour and meet them at departure?

Bunny, can you tell me more about the services that Debby offers before I spend my dime calling her?

Rio Grande, PR
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
3,872 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Bio Bay Kayak tour with transportation from San Juan

Yes. Rent a car and do it yourself.

Book with an operator in Fajardo and drive yourself to Las Croabas to meet them.

The main trails in El Yunque are well-marked.

Take a look at our blog for info on the biobays ... www.puertoricodaytrips.com/fajardo-bio-bay/

and El Yunque ... puertoricodaytrips.com/el-yunque-overview/

7. Re: Bio Bay Kayak tour with transportation from San Juan

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 March 2011, 00:17