We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palomino Island---still a naturists beach on the far side?

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
882 posts
175 reviews
Save Topic
Palomino Island---still a naturists beach on the far side?

Considering a quick trip to PR and saw an old Wyndham ad for the El Conquistador and it was saying there was a clothing optional side of the island....still the case?

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,416 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Palomino Island---still a naturists beach on the far side?

Hmm... I'm not sure that has ever been the case beings that nude sunbathing is illegal in PR.

San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
821 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Palomino Island---still a naturists beach on the far side?

It was there in Nov. 2012, and clearly marked with signs on the pathway, according to some of our guests.

Out

Caguas, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
2,023 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Palomino Island---still a naturists beach on the far side?

I was there this September, and there were no signs that I noticed off.

Still, I don't think Palomino would be the best option for optional clothing. There are other small cays that would be desserted most of the time.

Puerto Rico
Destination Expert
for San Juan
Level Contributor
4,100 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Palomino Island---still a naturists beach on the far side?

Palomino is a private Island, that the El Conquistador is renting 3/4 of the Island. The other 1/4 is for the Owner to use. ( I met the Owner many Years ago) I guess since it's private Property , they can do that.

I would be super careful with the Sun in PR., it is very strong. I remember getting at terrible sunburn in Spain where all beaches are topless.I don't think it's worth it.

Ann Arbor, Mich.
Level Contributor
447 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Palomino Island---still a naturists beach on the far side?

Yes, but you have to hike over the hill to get there. Not sure if there is anywhere you could land a boat on that side of the island. The beach is nice but there are no facilities there and the water is very rocky.

Edited: 05 November 2013, 18:16
Fajardo, Puerto Rico
Level Contributor
175 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palomino Island---still a naturists beach on the far side?

No you can't land a boat on that side of the island. Its a short walk over the hill as its a small island. I've never been to that beach but have heard about it for years.

Ellis PR

Marietta, Georgia
Level Contributor
882 posts
175 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Palomino Island---still a naturists beach on the far side?

any specifics Beach orchid? Some special bay you might know of?

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
294 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Palomino Island---still a naturists beach on the far side?

Yes it is still C/O. We were just there this afternoon. You do have to hike over the hill which is rocky and after a lot of rain slippery as well. ..but not too bad overall. You do have to be staying at El Conquistador Resort as the island is intended for sole use of the guests.

9. Re: Palomino Island---still a naturists beach on the far side?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 04 December 2014, 00:16