We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ritz vs St Regis

1 post
Save Topic
Ritz vs St Regis

Looking to go to to PR for our anniversary. Should we stay at St Regis or Ritz Dorado? Best beach, service and food? Anything near these resorts in walking distance? We won't have a car.

Tropical Adventures
Climbing Tours, Hiking & Camping Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours, Zipline & Aerial Adventure Parks
Puerto Rico Sportfishing Charters
Boat Tours, Water Sports, Scuba & Snorkeling, Adrenaline & Extreme Tours, Fishing Charters & Tours
7 replies to this topic
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
118 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Ritz vs St Regis

There is nothing within walking distance from either resort. You will need a car. If you don't want to have a car, look to stay in San Juan.

New York
Level Contributor
595 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Ritz vs St Regis

El San Juan would be great close to airport and much cheaper.

Armonk, New York
Level Contributor
1,303 posts
137 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Ritz vs St Regis

Clearly, you are looking for the high end and these two choices have it. I would recommend the St. Regis. The St. Regis is in the rainforest region and is set in a very tropical and lush environment. Dorado is great but was carved out of a suburban neighborhood.

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
8,616 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Ritz vs St Regis

Have you considered Vanderbilt? It's a 5 stars hotel in San Juan. Plenty of restaurants and bars within a short walking distance to the hotel.

Philadelphia...
6 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Ritz vs St Regis

Vanderbilt looks interesting but we are Marriott/SPG and trying to use points for our stay.

Philadelphia...
6 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Ritz vs St Regis

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I was hoping one of them would have things to walk to nearby to help us decide. I have heard great things about the St Regis, leaning toward that at this point.

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
615 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Ritz vs St Regis

To my extreme behest, the Ritz Reserve does not participate in Marriott Rewards for either earning or using.

St Regis does, but redemption point values are insulting.

The Ritz Reserve is an amazing property - with absolutely nothing "suburban" about it. It's designed to be stayed at, not left for exploration.

Reply to: Ritz vs St Regis
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted