We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A few questions , Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar

Pasadena
Level Contributor
609 posts
43 reviews
Save Topic
A few questions , Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar

Hi,

We'll be at the Hyatt in a week for 11 nights. Originally splitting our vacation between Hyatt and another resort. But, after talking it over decided on only the Hyatt. Better to explore North and West PR.

Ok. So a few questions ....

1). We booked a One Bedroom Suite. Any suite's that are updated? I keep reading about old but serviceable kitchens. I did request Floor 5. Then I got to thinking ..... are there stairs only or is there an elevator?

2). Is this Hyatt like others we've vacationed at in terms of a bug abatement program? Here at home I try not to sit on our porch in the evening because if there's one mosquito ..... it'll find me!

3). We land at SJU at around 6:45pm, we already have a rental car. Just wondering if anything we should know about finding the Hyatt after dark.

I think that's about it for now. We loved our vacation here last August, so really looking forward to xploring more of this beautiful Island!

Thank You,

😃 Bobbi

Mentioned in this post
5 replies to this topic
San Antonio, Texas
Level Contributor
1,321 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: A few questions , Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar

Bobbi - I can't be much help as I've never been before but I am planing to stay at the Hyatt Hacienda this January. My first visit to PR. So....... please post a review upon your return :) We are staying there for a week then adding on three days at a resort at the end!!! Can hardly wait. Have a lot of fun!!!

Lorio

Centerville, Ohio
Level Contributor
13,474 posts
3,232 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: A few questions , Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar

We greatly enjoyed our stay at the Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar.

For very specific answers, call the property directly.

You will enjoy this area, and will be well based to explore the parts of PR, which you choose.

We would return in a heartbeat.

Pasadena
Level Contributor
609 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: A few questions , Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar

I was hoping for answers, or at least a recent guest experiences. Kinda the purpose of a travel forum?? Of course, that's just an opinion. Enjoy your future vacation and your memories of the vacation you just had. I'll call the hotel directly, should have done that to begin with I guess.

Bobbi

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
145 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: A few questions , Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar

With regards to arriving after dark. I suggest you have your GPS and hotel phone number ready to go. I lived in Dorado for a number of years and the street that the Hyatt is off of was not super well lit. However, in order for guests to find it, it isn't too bad. I'd also suggest that you check google maps and get an idea of where you'll be going, in case your GPS decides to go a little nutty. Personally, I'd probably print out a map of the directions from the time you get off 22 to the hotel. Here I'm speaking from experience, as before we moved there we stayed at the Embassy Suites and our GPS had us take the 165 exit and told us we were there, when we were definitely not. Ended up having to call the hotel.

Pasadena
Level Contributor
609 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: A few questions , Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar

Thank you Lefty!

Ok, will do. Print the map off 22 to the Hyatt, set our GPS, and keep our eyes open 👀

🙂 Bobbi

Reply to: A few questions , Hyatt Hacienda Del Mar
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted