We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Ponce airport car rental times 4 am????!?!?!?

Elmhurst, NY!
Level Contributor
85 posts
3 reviews
Ponce airport car rental times 4 am????!?!?!?

We will be flying jetblue into ponce and wonder if we can rent a car when we arrive at 4am ?!?!?1 and drop it off at 3 am before our 5:30 departure?!?!? are they open? we "specially for us" when we had an 8 am flight departure and the guy didnt show up till almost 7 am!! when he said he's be there at 5:45 for us to drop it off but it never happened and according to him we should have booked our flight later so we would have no problem. but they advertised their car rental hours online different than what he told us.

Has anyone had any positive experience with car rental in ponce at those times? and which rental agency?

thanks

King of Prussia...
Destination Expert
for San Juan, Ponce
Level Contributor
9,438 posts
49 reviews
1. Re: Ponce airport car rental times 4 am????!?!?!?

I'm sorry to say that the car rental kiosks normally don't open until 5-ish in the morning. But in island time that's more like sometime after 6am. I would strongly suggest using the "lineas" (public transportation) instead. I can give you contact information if you are interested.

Edited: 25 August 2010, 07:43
Cutler Bay, Florida
Level Contributor
31 posts
3 reviews
2. Re: Ponce airport car rental times 4 am????!?!?!?

Hertz was open at that time when I rented recently from them, but call them to make sure - 787-843-1685.

NYC
Destination Expert
for Isla de Vieques
Level Contributor
4,190 posts
67 reviews
3. Re: Ponce airport car rental times 4 am????!?!?!?

dont worry.

i rent from AVIS frequently and hertz sometimes.

they are open when the flights come in and before they leave.

their business is based on the flight times. thats when the customers arrive.

I have gotten there at 3 am and 4 am and 5am.

they are open and waiting.

Also, Avis has a drop off box so you can make arrangements to drop off the keys if the clerk is not there.

Go with AVIS. Got to avis.com and book it. its much simpler. the airport code is PSE

Edited: 25 August 2010, 17:16
4. Re: Ponce airport car rental times 4 am????!?!?!?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2011, 03:16