Been noticing many negative feedback and comments from various folks about their experience in Martinique. With the recent addition of Norwegian direct flights from the US and the addition of new cruise ships, I thought I offer the following guidelines and personal opinions whether you should consider Martinique and Guadeloupe as your next vacation.
If you expect any of the following, then these islands may not be right for you:
1. My idea of the perfect vacation is an all inclusive where I don’t have to set a foot outside the resort
2. They accept the Dollar.
3. I expect people to speak English.
4. French people are rude.
5. French people hate Americans.
6. I don’t care for French food.
7. The locals are desperate for my dollars.
8. I am looking for a dirt cheap destination.
9. I am just looking to lay on the beach and really not interested in culture and history.
10. I am on a super tight budget.
11. I expect people to bend over backwards to accommodate me because they need tourists.
12. I am looking forward to some duty free shopping.
If you answered yes to any of these statements, there are other Caribbean islands that could be much better suited for your needs.
Other fellow French islands loving travelers please add to this list :)