We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best Beach Club/Place to Have Daytime Drinks

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
62 posts
18 reviews
Best Beach Club/Place to Have Daytime Drinks

We will be going to Nikki Beach on Sunday. Can anyone recommend another good spot we can visit on our other days?

12 replies to this topic
San Francisco
Level Contributor
102 posts
30 reviews
1. Re: Best Beach Club/Place to Have Daytime Drinks

Shellona is fantastic!!

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
42,534 posts
104 reviews
2. Re: Best Beach Club/Place to Have Daytime Drinks

Pearl Beach at St. Jean

http://pearlbeachstbarth.com/plage-beach-bar/

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
983 posts
3. Re: Best Beach Club/Place to Have Daytime Drinks

Also check Eden Rock pop up in Lorient.

Best choice in my mind is to bring a chilled bottle of rose or champagne to Saline with a few snacks from maya's to go.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,396 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: Best Beach Club/Place to Have Daytime Drinks

I like Sloppy's idea! Or sub in Gouverneur.

Also we often stop for a nice cold beer post beach at Le Select. If its too grungy for you then try Bar de L'Oubli across the street. Both are great for watching the SBH world go by.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
3,071 posts
45 reviews
5. Re: Best Beach Club/Place to Have Daytime Drinks

Have to admit I'm a big fan of a taking out from Kiki et Mo's and a bottle of wine at Saline too.

But all of the other suggestions work well also. After Nikki, you may just want a calmer day!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
2 posts
4 reviews
6. Re: Best Beach Club/Place to Have Daytime Drinks

Pearl Beach was our choice on more than one occassion with no regrets. Low key but still with activities and great food and drink (we loved the Mexspresso Martini) and a bit of people watching. Plus near the end of the runway of the airport. Food pretty standard price for St Barth. Lounger and umbrella very reasonable. One couple had theirs comped one day...maybe because she was beautiful and swam topless...?

Nikki Beach offered us a beach umbrella and lounger on Sunday for 280Euro. No thank you, we went back to Pearl Beach and loved it.

Or hike or sail to Colombier for the best water and beach with relative privacy. We carried food and drink and had a fantastic day.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Prague, Bohemia
Level Contributor
42,534 posts
104 reviews
7. Re: Best Beach Club/Place to Have Daytime Drinks

Pearl Beach is a great spot, our favourite bar in St. Barths.

Fishkill, NY
Level Contributor
2,105 posts
71 reviews
8. Re: Best Beach Club/Place to Have Daytime Drinks

Question about Nikki because we haven’t been and plan on going in February: Is any day of the week good? Not looking for a total party scene so I don’t think a Sunday is necessary. Definitely not splurging for their chairs. Just want lunch. Can we use the Nikki side of St Jean with our own chairs? I’ve only used the opposite side of the beach so not sure how Nikki side works. Looking forward to checking it out

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
983 posts
9. Re: Best Beach Club/Place to Have Daytime Drinks

Depending on the season, a weekday visit can be pretty sedate. I think the Sunday parties are pretty fun. The food is also better than what you would expect. Sushi is good though limited in choice. It can get pricey though. You can use the beach on the side away from Nikki. No way to set up chairs in front as their loungers/sun beds go right to the water but there are plenty of people who use the beach and set up chairs and umbrellas to the east.

We have rented the last villa on the beach before you get to the sea wall. Was a great location for stumbling back home after drinking a few too many. LOL.

New York City, New...
Destination Expert
for New York City
Level Contributor
3,071 posts
45 reviews
10. Re: Best Beach Club/Place to Have Daytime Drinks

i've been on other days of the week. Much calmer environment and frankly, very pleasant to sit looking out on the water. They are less likely to exert any pressure to spend big dollars (which they do on Sundays), and you can sit there forever with a glass of wine.

One of my favorite dishes there is the fresh whole fish, simply grilled, with french fries.

Reply to: Best Beach Club/Place to Have Daytime Drinks
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about St. Barthelemy
Recent Conversations