We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lunch

Pittsburgh
11 posts
Save Topic
Lunch

We are going to St. barts in July and plan on spending most of the days lounging on the beaches. For beaches that have no restaurants on or close.... does anyone have reccomendations on where, if any, markets/shops to go to where they will put together an array of food/drink items that you pick out into some sorta basket/container to keep fresh/cold??? Or is a basket purchase in my future? If so where might I get one on the island that would serve our purposes?

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,385 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lunch

With the exception of Colombier, and Gouveneur, the beaches all have someplace close for lunch.

Where are you staying? Most villas provide a cooler, if not ask the rental agency for one. I would expect hotels could provide them as well. If not, check the March U or other markets. Many people carry food to the beach in the reusable grocery bags purchased there. Another idea is to bring one of those insulated bags that packs flat.

Petit Colombe, a bakery shop with several locations on the island, has great sandwiches, salads and other items. Kiki et Mo, Bouchon and Mayas to Go have take out available. Mayas is like a caterer, I'm sure they will provide a very gourmet picnic lunch.

Pittsburgh
11 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Lunch

Thanks so much for the suggestions. We are staying at Le Toiny so hopefully they'll have a cooler available for us the day we go to Gouverneur Beach. Speaking of beaches.....is there any real strategy as to how we would plan out our week and what beaches we should go to each day??? Or am I just overthinking this? I just what to get the most out of the trip! My girfriend and I are very much beach enthusiasts and don't want to miss the best beaches the island has to offer. What are the absolute must beaches to spend a day at?

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,385 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lunch

No real strategy, just hit a different one (or two) every day!

St Jean is good for people watching and there are plenty of places to eat and drink on the sand. The water is very calm. Flammands has good surf and a few restaurants as well.

But in general, we prefer the undeveloped, natural beaches like Colombier, Gouveneur and Saline. If you do the hike to Colombier (highly recommend if you are fit and love seclusion) go in the AM when it is cooler and you can get some shade. Remember that the undeveloped beaches have no facilities so it best to break up the day with lunch (for both a bathroom and a sun break!)

If you are getting sandblasted at Saline and Gouveneur, try Lorient, St Jean or Flammands.

If you are in St Barth on a Sunday and the surf is up, stop by Toiny beach, not to swim but to check out the local surfers.

4. Re: Lunch

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2010, 01:19
Get answers to your questions about St. Barthelemy