We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip to St. Barts - question

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
45 posts
2 reviews
Day trip to St. Barts - question

Staying in St. Martin for a week, but have friends visiting ST. Barts at the same time. My wife and I are looking to take a 'day trip' to St. Barts. I know there' s a ferry, but i prefer to fly. Does anyone know the approximate cost to do so and are flights flown throughout the day? AND, is it possible to rent a car at the airport in St. Barts upon arrival? Thanks so much.

Texas
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,685 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Day trip to St. Barts - question

For airfares & schedules on your planned dates of travel check:

Winair - www.fly-winair.com

Air St. Martin - www.airsxm.com

I don't recall there being any car rental companies at the airport (it's rather small) but most rental companies do have free pick-up/drop-off service. Go here for a list of companies: sbhonline.com/St-Barts-Car-Rentals/St-Barts-…

MD
Level Contributor
84 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Day trip to St. Barts - question

I've usually found St. Barth Commuter (www.stbarthcommuter.com) to have the best prices, 130 Euro pp RT. They don't offer as many flights as Winair, however. Also, there are plenty of rental car options right at the airport-we've used both Gumbs and Budget. Have a great time...you may just end up wishing it was more than a day trip ;-)

dallas
Level Contributor
55 posts
1 review
3. Re: Day trip to St. Barts - question

you should try and stay more than just a day...you will fall in love with the island! have a great time....good luck trying to leave! we are getting on the plane to st. barts in 3 hours from st. maarten. i can't wait! it's heaven on earth....

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,398 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: Day trip to St. Barts - question

If you use St Barth Commuter you will need to fly from the small airport in Grand Case called L'Esperance. The flight is slightly longer than leaving from SXM, but SBC only allows in-transit passengers from that airport. Cost is the same.

As VESmith noted, there are many car rental kiosks at the airport. We like Island.

Have a great time, as others said, you may end up wishing your entire trip was to St Barth!

St. Jean, St...
6 posts
5. Re: Day trip to St. Barts - question

Same day round trip tickets on Winair are very reasonably priced.

SBH
Level Contributor
35 posts
6. Re: Day trip to St. Barts - question

From St Martin, the best way to go to SBH is from Grand Case airport, on french side of St Martin.

It is very convenient because it is a national flight, and cheaper (60€, about $72 one way per passenger).

Departure at 8 AM, 9AM, 11.30 AM to SBH

Return at 4 PM and 5 PM to St Martin.

You can rent a car at SBH airport.

have a nice trip!

Michael

http://www.stbarthcommuter.com

Edited: 20 May 2010, 14:07
St. Maarten
Level Contributor
7 posts
5 reviews
7. Re: Day trip to St. Barts - question

Winair, out of the Princess Juliana Airport, offer special day trip fares to St. Barthelemy at $130US return.

I personally rather fly with Winair because their planes are much bigger and all have 2 engines for better safety. Also the day trips on Winair to St. Barths in the morning always have lots of room and coming back in the evening the same.

You can buy the tickets at their ticket office in the airport, or online at

http://www.fly-winair.com

8. Re: Day trip to St. Barts - question

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 19 November 2010, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about St. Barthelemy
Recent Conversations