We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

hotels needed for 20 year olds

Indiana
Level Contributor
297 posts
87 reviews
hotels needed for 20 year olds

We need some hotel or lodging suggestions for a trip the first week of January. We are celebrating my son's graduation from college. We would like to find the location where it is NOT seclude but fun and exciting - we are traveling with several college kids. Any suggestions would be helpful. I am hoping this is a good time to travel to St. Barts. Thanks

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
625 posts
25 reviews
1. Re: hotels needed for 20 year olds

That time period is still Holiday which is the most expensive. If you aren't cosidering New Year's Eve, then you might be able to get a deal. That is a great high energy time-really fun! I would certainly stay in Gustavia-that way no drinking and driving late night!

Enjoy!!!

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,401 posts
21 reviews
2. Re: hotels needed for 20 year olds

If you are considering News Years many places will have a minimum nights stay required and will likely charge almost double the price of subsequent weeks.

Gustavia or St Jean would be good options as there are many restaurants and shops in the immediate area. St Jean has a better beach area but you will want a car (or cars) to drive to the many beautiful others on the island.

You might want to consider a private villa as well. There are many with multiple bedrooms spread among small bungalows with pools, hot tubs, etc.

Indiana
Level Contributor
297 posts
87 reviews
3. Re: hotels needed for 20 year olds

Thanks for your help. It appears that I need to look at villas because there are no hotels with availability. If there's a villa you have stayed that is "affordable" please let me know. Unfortunately we cannot change the dates.

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,401 posts
21 reviews
4. Re: hotels needed for 20 year olds

It is impossible to recommend a villa without knowing your exact budget and lodging requirements....ie the dates, number of bedrooms, bed configuration, baths, etc. No one on this forum has the detailed information about what is available and when....so no point getting suggestions only to find they are not available and/or don't meet your needs.

So, that being said, here is my suggestion:

Figure out the above information and contact as many of the villa agencies as possible and see what they can offer. Check out the online photos and descriptions for the ones they suggest. Then come back to the forum with questions about these choices.

We prefer Marla, a small, local agency. We have also had good experiences with Wimco (Sibarth), St Barth Properties and French Caribbean Int'l. Ici et La is another local agent.

Note that many villas require a 2 week minimum during the holiday period but this may be waived given you are not there for the Xmas holiday. Also the minimum stay becomes more negotiable the closer it gets when places are not rented.

Also, did you try ALL the hotels on the island? There are a number of small inns which are not as well known as the Eden Rock, Guanahani and Isle de France.

Finally, how are you getting to SBH? If the hotels ARE all sold out, the flights may be as well. I would make these arrangements ASAP.

Good luck in your search...

Edited: 19 August 2010, 07:27
5. Re: hotels needed for 20 year olds

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2011, 02:11
Get answers to your questions about St. Barthelemy
Recent Conversations