We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Help me find right villa

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
16 posts
Help me find right villa

My husband and I are looking for a villa in St Barts that has a great view but is very private. We want to feel like we are alone. Anyone ever stayed at Villa Hilly House or Villa Manon? Or any new suggestions would be great!

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,401 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: Help me find right villa

While you can get some great recommendations from forums such as these, I am a big advocate for using the villa rental agencies to help you. They are paid professionals and in my experience very frank about villa amenities. Give them your requirements (number of bedrooms, pool, view or whatever...) dates and price range and let them generate a list This ensures you are only considering villas that you can afford and are available for your trip. Agency websites have pictures that can help you to decide as well. Finally, when you have narrowed down the search, you can ask questions about specific villas on this or other SBH forums.

We are planning our 7th trip to the island (not counting a day trip where we discovered it) and I would only feel qualified to advise people on about 15 specific villas. This is because I have either personally stayed there or friends did. I can also comment on some I have toured with the agency or visited for a social event. That is only a TINY sample of the available villas. Why limit your choices?

We have used the following agencies and would recommend them:

Marla (locally owned)

Wimco (Sibarth in the on island agent)

St Barth Properties

French Caribbean Int'l (Ici et La was the on island agent but I believe they use others too)

Good luck in your search. I LOVE villa shopping!

2. Re: Help me find right villa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 16 February 2011, 03:37
Get answers to your questions about St. Barthelemy
Recent Conversations