We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villa Rocamadour

Connecticut
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
Villa Rocamadour

If anyone has stayed at this villa recently I would really appreciate some information. My wife and I are considering this villa for a trip in October/November. Would you mind answering a few questions?

I understand the owner lives either nearby or in the same building. Which is it and how does that affect the privacy?

Does the pool get sun in the afternoon?

How is the privacy in general?

What are the mosquitoes like at the villa, i.e. can you sit outside at night without getting eaten alive?

Do you need 4 wheel drive to get to the villa?

Thanks in advance,

Joe

Pittsburgh...
Destination Expert
for St. Barthelemy
Level Contributor
2,401 posts
21 reviews
1. Re: Villa Rocamadour

Hi Jgf711,

We stayed there about 5 years ago and I don't have any recent updates from Rocamadour specifically. I can tell you the owners other, larger (2 bedroom) villa on Vitet continues good reviews from recent stays. I would imagine that Eduard keeps them both is the same immaculate shape. He does live in a villa below this one, but rather than hinder privacy, it helps. He knows when you leave so that is when he comes to clean and do pool and ground maintenance.

Overall the villa is very private, no problems unless there has been new construction of which I am unaware. We had no problem with mosquitoes when we were there (in November.)

The road to the villa is steep but I don't think you would absolutely have to have 4WD but it is handy for other places. We always rent 4WD vehicles because those roads and hills can be slick after a rain shower.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
24 posts
1 review
2. Re: Villa Rocamadour

Thanks very much for the great information.

Atlanta,GA
Level Contributor
215 posts
1 review
3. Re: Villa Rocamadour

This villa is near Flamands---our opinion one of the finest on the Island.

One issue is that it's not really walkable from there to the beach.

Edited: 19 July 2011, 19:06
Atlanta,GA
Level Contributor
215 posts
1 review
4. Re: Villa Rocamadour

Opps!

We"ve only seen this villa from the exterior.

What I meant to say was our opinion Flamands is the best location on this pretty island...

Edited: 20 July 2011, 18:59
5. Re: Villa Rocamadour

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 October 2012, 03:16
Get answers to your questions about St. Barthelemy
Recent Conversations