We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

need a adult only all inclusive resort on st. barts

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
129 posts
33 reviews
need a adult only all inclusive resort on st. barts

i need a adult only all inclusive resort on st. barts. If not adult only then maybe a resort that has multiple restaurants, maybe some entertainment. any suggestions

NY
Level Contributor
796 posts
11 reviews
1. Re: need a adult only all inclusive resort on st. barts

There is nothing like that on Saint Barth: No all-inclusive. Even reallly no "resorts":

All hotels are boutique hotels, 10-30 rooms max.

The closest thing to what one may call a resort is the Guanahani, which has ~50 rooms and 2 restaurants (although I am not sure if the restaurants are ever open at the same time).

Also all hotels take children, even though they may not be common.

The closest thing to hotel entertainment you will get is the occasional fashion show run by the hotel boutique. Hard to predict when.

Good news is that the whole island is the resort, and quite nice with many accessible beaches, lot's of restaurants, etc. Even a couple bars/clubs open late at night. So you can stay wherever and enjoy the whole island.

Dayton, Ohio
Level Contributor
129 posts
33 reviews
2. Re: need a adult only all inclusive resort on st. barts

thanks i appreciate that

NY
Level Contributor
796 posts
11 reviews
3. Re: need a adult only all inclusive resort on st. barts

If by "adult only" you are looking for a quiet place where you can relax without being bothered by screaming children, then no worries. Saint Barth is for you. Saint Barth is very quiet and altough there are a few children everywhere, the mood is certainly one of quiet sophistication. You can stay anywhere and you will be pleased.

If on the other hand you are looking for a singles scene, this is not really the place. There are no big hotels with discos, drinking contests, pools scenes, etc. as you may get on other islands. As I said, there are a handful of clubs in Gustavia (main town) but the hotels themselves will be quiet. Even the clubs, I think, do most of their business with locals and groups of people who know each other.

Saint Barth has 80 plus restaurants, so a nice place if you are into Gourmet food. That with laying on the beach seems to be the major draw of the island.

NY
Level Contributor
796 posts
11 reviews
4. Re: need a adult only all inclusive resort on st. barts

I should also mention that what keeps Saint Barth quiet is that it is pretty expensive. It is costly to get to (2 flights), costly to stay, and generally costly to eat. As with any rule there are exceptions... but the above is generally true.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
625 posts
25 reviews
5. Re: need a adult only all inclusive resort on st. barts

Carl Gustav Hotel might make sense since it is Gustavia (the main Town) so you have all that at your front door.

6. Re: need a adult only all inclusive resort on st. barts

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 05 December 2012, 05:20
Get answers to your questions about St. Barthelemy
Recent Conversations