We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

best place to stay

Which St. Lucia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Alabama
Level Contributor
106 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
best place to stay

Looking for something unique and romantic. Never been to St. Lucia so all suggestions welcome. THANKS!

Niantic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: best place to stay

If you like UNIQUE, i would suggest you search tripadvisor for Crystals. IT's in Soufriere and every cottage is decorated differently. The couple that owns it also entertains you are night, small intimate and definelty unique. Search for it on tripadvisor and look through the candid traveler photos. See if you like. If money is not a problem i would also suggest the dream suite at Ladera, very unique/ artsy.

Ontario
Level Contributor
236 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: best place to stay

I have to second the Ladera idea....It is far and away my favorite place on the island - every suite there is unique, exotic and the whole mood is just too "romantic / magical" for words....

benaround theworld - did I get back to you via PM with contact info on the island? I am having a mental moment....

Niantic, Connecticut
Level Contributor
231 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: best place to stay

Hi dee- You didn't but i just figured you were busy or didn't see that i e-mailed you at your g-mail instead of PM. I decided to split my trip between Villa Beach Cottages and Bay Gardens Hotel. I will PM you if i think of any more questions, Thank you soooo much for you help.

Always4bama- Ladera is beautiful with mosaic art and conch shells as sink spouts, magnificent views like dee said just magical...I would suggest Ladera, that's if you can afford it. Ladera more like a resort, things are more accessible and theres a great resturant with a view of the pitons and the impression i get is that crystals is more like a bed and breakfast. Search and read the reviews for both and you can see if you like either of them. Also through reading posts i find ALOT of people really like Ti Kaye in Soufriere.

Michigan USA
Level Contributor
736 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: best place to stay

If you're looking for incredible views and seclusion, visit the La Haut website below. We stayed in the Rainbow House last January and loved it. It sits high on the side of the hill above La Haut, so you need to have a car OR be in great shape to make the LONG hike up, but it's so worth it. We self catered AND ate at La Haut (breakfast is included with the house). The meals were fantastic and the staff very friendly. It's very low key and relaxed, without the hustle and bustle of a big resort. Can't wait till we return there this coming Feb.!!!!!

lahaut.com/roomrates/…rainbowhights.htm

Jersey City, New...
Destination Expert
for Anguilla, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
4,221 posts
69 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: best place to stay

St. Lucia is an island with a plethora of options. If I were choosing for myself, it would be Jalousie Plantation. First there's the breath taking beauty of the location, a valley between The Pitons. As an avid snorkeler, I fell completely in love with their marine preserve; it was like swimming in an aquarium. The villas with their plunge pools offer inspiring settings to make love and spend quality time together. Imagine sharing the plunge pool with your beloved at 2am or snuggling up to review the day's activities on the sofa in your living room. Or waking up to share the sunrise while you're lying in bed. If Jalousie didn't exist, Danielle Steele would make it up. Dining offers equally romantic settings - The Pier Restaurant sitting by Eden Bay; The Plantation Room, The Bayside Grill is lovely for lunch coming off the beach. Instead of staying at Ladera I'd suggest having dinner. The sweeping views, delicious food and live music will make it a night to remember. Here's the link to their website:

http://www.jalousie-hilton.com/content/87.htm

In Soufriere there's also Jade Mountain if it's in your budget. Not my taste as I want to be much closer to the beach, but a beautiful resort with gorgeous views due to its elevation.

http://www.jademountainstlucia.com/

In the northern region of the island. East Winds is another locale for lovers and Windjammer Landings villas with plunge pools also offer romantic inspiration.

http://www.eastwinds.com/home.php

http://www.windjammer-landing.com/

If you use the search mode within the forum and type in the name of any of these resorts, you'll enjoy the benefit of detailed accounts from other posters.

A trip to this island will take your relationship to a new level. Plus depending on how long you plan to be on the island you can make equally romantic day trips to The Grenadines or Martinique.

Happy Hugs & Kisses Fest!!! (Yes, I'm a hope less romantic who got married in St. Croix.)

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,365 posts
193 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: best place to stay

I love Windjammer but would not say it is as romantic when compared to Ladeira and Anse Chastanet. However it is cheaper! The newer 1-bed villas with plunge pools are lovely if you can get one.

If I had the budget I would spend the first three days of the trip at somewhere like Ladeira or Anse Chastenet and then probably move somewhere cheaper! We often spend one week at Ti Kaye and then our own week at Windjammer. This suits us in that the first week is pure chill and the second a bit more lively.

Vieux Fort, St...
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: best place to stay

St Lucia is beautiful and full of lovely views and lots of nice places to stay. you need to be more specific. Is it two of you travelling or a group. If its two Ladera, Ti Kaye, Anse Chastanet and Windjammer are all perfect. If you want to cater then Stonefield Villa Resort gets my vote. Crystals is also nice, small and friendly but quite local in setting and a way from the beach. If you want to really experience St Lucia in its green lushness go south, it you want nightlife, meals out go norh. If its a group think bigger and take a nice villa - check out Tropical Villas website.

8. Re: best place to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 05:41