We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tree Frog Recording?

MA
Level Contributor
386 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Tree Frog Recording?

We visited the Soufriere area for our honeymoon several years ago, and are nostalgic for the croonings of those little tree frogs. Unfortunately, we don't even remember the exact sound of their song. I just know it was quite distinctive from what I've heard on any other island.

Can anyone help me remember? Know of any recordings of St Lucia rainforest featuring my little buddies? Thank you!

Tell City
Level Contributor
4,260 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Tree Frog Recording?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLL1l3o-ZGc

Tours, France
Level Contributor
2,799 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tree Frog Recording?

Yes, that's the one! It is very hard to spot them. Him and his friends kept me awake half the night when I stayed at Anse Chastenet on my honeymoon years ago!!

MA
Level Contributor
386 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tree Frog Recording?

Yes, that's it. Thank you!

England
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
3,443 posts
219 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tree Frog Recording?

My husband made a CD recording of some tree frogs which is on a 10 minute loop. We were drinking rum punches at home the other night and he put it on in the background as soon as the sun set. It was rather lovely! I will probably put the sound up on my website at some point when I convert the wav to an mp3 file.

5. Re: Tree Frog Recording?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 20 October 2009, 09:37