We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How long to cover the island

Which St. Lucia hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Calgary, Alberta...
Level Contributor
6 posts
32 reviews
Save Topic
How long to cover the island

My husband and I are planning to spend 3 weeks in the Caribbean in April 2013. We were thinking of spending it on St. Lucia. Is that too long to spend on a relatively small island? Is there another island/s nearby that we should consider as well?

Vieux Fort, St...
Destination Expert
for Vieux Fort
Level Contributor
1,211 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: How long to cover the island

St Lucia is small, I think two weeks is more than enough. Maybe consider going to Martinique or Dominica for a week, both are accessible by ferry from Castries. Also check out Liat for the islands the airline flies to. Popular destinations close by, but different in nature from St Lucia are Barbados and St Vincent.

If you do decide to spend time in another island, check with your airline where they fly to/from. It may be you fly into St Lucia and out of Barbados etc.

St. Lucia
Destination Expert
for St. Lucia
Level Contributor
11,076 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: How long to cover the island

I would second Debbie on this one! St. Lucia is amazing and there is loads to do and experience her and yes, you could fill 3 weeks; but I would definitely consider splitting between 2 islands for different experiences.

I would suggest Barbados for the second island - completely different experience from St. Lucia - amazing beaches, dining, etc. And pretty easy to get between the 2 with flights on LIAT - a bit pricey, but a short flight. I would do a week in Barbados and 2 weeks in SL - best of both worlds!

Enjoy your visits.

Forest Hill...
Level Contributor
87 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: How long to cover the island

When we come down to St Lucia for 2 weeks or more, we always break up our trip by staying in 2 differnt parts of the Island. Marigot Bay is our favorite place to stay but like to spend a few days down by the Pitons when we have more time.

A few years ago we spent 5 days in Dominica (very beautiful and unspoilt, not many creature comforts).

We are in Bequia right now, about to head back to St. Lucia. This Island is amaizing! Beautiful beaches (with beach bars!), good diving,wonderful restaurants, some good shops. I'm not sure I would stay here longer than a week- I'm ready to get back to Marigot Bay in St. Lucia..

4. Re: How long to cover the island

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 17 December 2013, 06:15