We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How is it in mid-April?

2 posts
How is it in mid-April?

I'm planning a week trip in mid-April and was wondering how the weather goes. Also I've never been to any of the Caribbean islands so just wanted to ask a few questions:

Are the hikes around the island available to the public or do we have to book a tour? Are there any popular hikes? Preferably free haha

Do you recommend renting a car or is public transit pretty good? What is the age limit for booking a rent a car?

Are the beaches long and white sandy or more rocky?

Any other suggestions for a newbie like me would be great!

Castries, St. Lucia
Level Contributor
264 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: How is it in mid-April?

The weather question can be answered by clicking on the top questions above. There are numerous threads that covers that. If you are planning to be out and about often I suggest a rental car as it will save some money with the taxis. Public transport is great in some places and not so much in others especially places like Soufriere. You will have a time constraint if you go that route however it is the cheapest way to go.

Nothing is ever free in Saint Lucia so of course all hikes must be paid for. you can go through a company but they are all open to the public. All you have to do is pay the entrance fees. Hike choices are: Piton hike, Tet Paul Nature Hike, Jacquot Nature Trail etc.

The beaches in Saint Lucia range from tan to black sand. We are a volcanic island therefore no truly white sand beaches unless imported. Water is good for snorkeling, swimming etc. Other things to do is the waterfalls, zipline, AtV, horseback riding,waterfalls etc. Happy planning!

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
1,299 posts
5 reviews
2. Re: How is it in mid-April?

Common age limits for renting a car are no younger than 25 and no older than 70. Some places have a requirement for a doctor's note that you are fit to drive if you are between 65 and 70.

If any of these apply to you, post that and someone here might be able to recommend a car company that will still rent to you.

3. Re: How is it in mid-April?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 February 2018, 00:18