We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

all-inclusive resort

Amherst...
Level Contributor
80 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
all-inclusive resort

We're going on a honeymoon in February and we'd like to go to St. Maarten. My husband loves good food and a lot of it. Can anyone recommend a place?

Auburn Washington
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin
Level Contributor
4,210 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: all-inclusive resort

If you want good food SXM is the place to vacation. I would not reccomend an AL for SXM. Too many great restaurants to go to. With an AL you will be cheating your self from the great selection of restaurants in SXM.

Staten Island, New...
Level Contributor
13,869 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: all-inclusive resort

There are a handful of resorts offering AI:

Sonesta Maho

Sonesta Great Bay

Divi Little Bay

Mercure Simpson Bay

Le Flamboyant

...maybe a few others...

Many visitors to this Island prefer to dine around at more than 300 restaurants and bars but the AI has its benefits if you are going to enjoy more than just a few drinks and meals.

West Chester Pa
Level Contributor
422 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: all-inclusive resort

I always sound like the "St Martin restaurant promoter" when I say this, but I don't get why anybody would go to St Martin and do AI. It's clearly the best island in the Caribbean for restaurants and it just seems like such a waste to me. There are AI's on the island, but I'm not in love with any of them and I think that most are average at best. I just can't imagine going AI on St Martin.

St. Maarten-St...
Destination Expert
for St. Maarten-St. Martin, Philipsburg
Level Contributor
2,716 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: all-inclusive resort

Oh, I so totally agree... unless you are a really limited budget.

AI is so not the way to go on St. Marten .

To the OP, if your husband loves good food he will think he is in heaven on the island of St. Maarten.

here are some restaurants found here;

www.dinesxm.com/…

http://www.sxm-restaurants.com/

Amherst...
Level Contributor
80 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: all-inclusive resort

Thank you all for your sound advice. Will talk to husband and make a decision.

6. Re: all-inclusive resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11 October 2009, 03:18