We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Nude Sunbathing....

Boston
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Nude Sunbathing....

One of the many things my wife and I like about St. Martin is that it is one of the few places that still allow nude sunbathing (on Orient Beach).

(There are many nice island in the Caribe, but this is one of the aspects my wife and I enjoy about St. Martin.)

Is there any place ELSE on the island where one can sunbath nude (...or swim nude?) besides that one spot on Orient Beach in front of Club Orient?

Any other spots on the Island that we should know about?

Thanks for your help.

Boston
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Nude Sunbathing....

Am I the only one that likes nude sunbathing on the beach?

Where else in St. Martin beside Orient?

Any other spots?

Gig Harbor...
Level Contributor
3,217 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Nude Sunbathing....

sp113-We do too!But we don't go to SXM often enough to answer your question

I think Cupecoy is CO..and I have heard Happy Bay is too

We will be on the island this April and will watch this thread as well

Boston
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Nude Sunbathing....

Thanks.....!

We've only been to SXM a few times...and discovered Orient Beach.

I think my wife would like to go to a few different beaches..and not the same one everyday....

West Chester Pa
Level Contributor
422 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Nude Sunbathing....

Orient Beach

Cupecoy Beach

Happy Bay Beach.

Topless on almost any beach in St Maarten/St Martin.

San Miguel de...
Level Contributor
811 posts
64 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Nude Sunbathing....

Besides the Club O area on Orient, a few people use the area between Coco Beach and Mt. Vernon. Also, you might find that Happy Bay is used by locals on weekends, so CO then is not appropriate.

St Martin / St...
Destination Expert
for St Martin / St Maarten, Philipsburg
Level Contributor
2,890 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Nude Sunbathing....

the only official and legal nude bathing is on Orient in front of Club orient. Nude bathing does take place on some of the beaches already mentioned, but it is not legal..just often overlooked.

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Nude Sunbathing....

Just to follow on from the 2 previous posts, perhaps a little more directly, if your question is where else (apart from Club Orient) can you sunbathe nude without the risk of offending the locals, then the answer is nowhere.

Boston
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Nude Sunbathing....

Thanks...Cupecoy Beach & Happy Bay Beach?

I've heard one of them is difficult to get to...and might take a bit of a walk/hike...

Which one is easier to get to?

Also, the locals get offended? I thought French St. Martin was like the Riviera?

I would think that the more offended people would be Americans who wander off the cruise ships.

OIB, NC
Level Contributor
728 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Nude Sunbathing....

Cupecoy is on the Dutch side. Pretty beach, when there is sand. Some nudity there.

Happy Bay is more secluded therefore some will be there nude. But, weekends are family days and the locals don't often appreciate it.

The far left side of Bay Rouge has some nudity, also.

Nudity is not allowed, but often overlooked.

Isle of Wight...
Level Contributor
392 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Nude Sunbathing....

sp113 - you are correct that somewhere like Orient Beach has the look & feel of the French Riviera (but with better year round weather!) &, of course, you are in France. But, you are also in the Caribbean. Local St Martiners, in common with many other Caribbean people, tend to be a quite conservative & modest. They would probably be far too polite to say anything to you but that's not to say they would rather you didn't.