We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

4 hour layover in St. Martin

new york
Level Contributor
77 posts
1 review
Save Topic
4 hour layover in St. Martin

We will have a 4 hour layover (11am-3pm) in St. Martin going back to NYC from St. Barts. Any suggestions on what t o do? Thanks!

Texas
Level Contributor
235 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 4 hour layover in St. Martin

Hang out at Maho beach - watch jets land over the beach (see my avatar picture). Grab a drink at one of the beach bars right there.

Edited: 27 May 2013, 20:19
Caracas
Level Contributor
700 posts
170 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 4 hour layover in St. Martin

You really have 2/2.5 hours (keep in mind custom lines and traffic) so your best choice is Maho. Not a bad beach (a little bit rougue, not calm water) great beach bars and nice plane landing experience. But if you want a nice beach go to Mullet, right beside Maho. Great beach, a 10 minutes car drive from the airport.

3. Re: 4 hour layover in St. Martin

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 June 2013, 06:38
Edited: 09 June 2013, 06:38
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
856 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: 4 hour layover in St. Martin

I also am interested in where to spend a layover. In my case, I land in SXM just before 3pm, and flight goes out after 9pm. So I have a significant chunk of time to fill. Traveling solo to meet friends at final destination, and would like to give taxi more specific instructions as to destination point, and not just "Maho". Where would be a nice safe restaurant/bar, with a view, where I can park myself (I don't necessarily need to watch planes take off and land - would rather look at the sea), have a refreshment or two, as well as a decent dinner, and also feel that both I and my luggage will be safe?

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
653 posts
126 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: 4 hour layover in St. Martin

Simpson bay beach is right next to airport. Stay there all day.

New Jersey
Level Contributor
2,284 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: 4 hour layover in St. Martin

Jill, Karacter on Simpson Bay is a great, safe place to stay. Food is great and umbrella and chairs are free if you dine there. They will also hold your luggage for you and there are showers and rest rooms. Just take a taxi over and have him pick you up later.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
856 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: 4 hour layover in St. Martin

Thanks, LB. I think Karacter sounds like a the place for me. I like the idea of the showers and luggage holding so that I can make the best of a needlessly long travel day, with less than ideal connection (time-wise). So it is good to know I can start my vacation while in transit!

NYC, NY
Level Contributor
26 posts
110 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: 4 hour layover in St. Martin

Hi Jill, did you use that suggestion? I've same question with 4 hr layover and wanted to see if anyone used Karakter and/or Maho. Thanks!

Edited: 03 December 2013, 13:24
Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
1,545 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: 4 hour layover in St. Martin

Tell the taxi driver...Sunset Beach Bar

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
856 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: 4 hour layover in St. Martin

Hi uniqum. Unfortunately, I had to cancel that trip due to a family emergency. Sorry I can't help.

Edited: 04 December 2013, 05:14
Get answers to your questions about Philipsburg