We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

BVI First time

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
7 posts
38 reviews
BVI First time

My husband and I are chartering a boat out of Tortola for a week with friends.We want to come and stay someplace for a week before and spend some time with the local culture, we just don’t know where to go. Not interested in all inclusives. Where should we go? Staying one place and taking a ferry or two for a day excursions could be nice! Help! Any advice?

6 replies to this topic
British Virgin...
Level Contributor
851 posts
10 reviews
1. Re: BVI First time

There really aren’t any AIs in the BVI, and most of the resorts have not re-opened since Irma. It really depends on your budget. Take a look at the Sugarmill on Tortola. Leverick Bay on Virgin Gorda is another possibility. Anegada Beach Club, would be a quiet beach week.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
7 posts
38 reviews
2. Re: BVI First time

What about something more local near restaurants?

Smithfield, Rhode...
Level Contributor
2,348 posts
39 reviews
3. Re: BVI First time

Cane Garden Bay has a gorgeous beach,bars and restaurants as well as rentals.

It’s one of my favorite spots.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
321 posts
143 reviews
4. Re: BVI First time

You could also rent a villa on Mahoe Bay on Virgin Gorda and explore VG,

New Paltz, New York
Level Contributor
998 posts
14 reviews
5. Re: BVI First time

Since you are chartering for a week out of Tortola chances are you will be hitting up all the local spots on your stops (White Bay, Jost, VG, Cooper, Willy T etc) anyway. So I second the idea of staying on Anegada. It will be a totally relaxing way to kick off what will be an exciting charter week. Plenty of opportunity to mix with the locals and experience a very different type of island from the others. Snorkeling Horseshoe Reef is an absolute must do!

Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
26 posts
1 review
6. Re: BVI First time

Rhymers in Cane Garden Bay is a small local hotel. The rooms are very clean, but still decorated like the 1960's. We love it there, the people are so nice and at $100 per night, it's hard to beat. It is right on the beach with several restaurants in walking distance.

Reply to: BVI First time
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about British Virgin Islands