We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any canadian expat on this forum?

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
29 reviews
Any canadian expat on this forum?

I've just hot a job offer today in the BVI. I am in Quebec and starting my work permit process. I just want to know if there is canadians and people from Quebec in the BVI? Is there expats activities to meet people and link up? Thank you?

5 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
316 posts
143 reviews
1. Re: Any canadian expat on this forum?

Not an expat but there are lots of other Canadians in BVI - Virgin Gorda has lots of us.

Quebec City, Canada
Level Contributor
2 posts
29 reviews
2. Re: Any canadian expat on this forum?

I have a lot of questions...

Is it a good idea to import my car? I will definitely need a reliable car once there.

I look at used car prices on the island and it is very expensive for the type of car available. I have a Honda CRV FWD 2015, nothing fancy but it's a good car.

Thank you!

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
316 posts
143 reviews
3. Re: Any canadian expat on this forum?

I believe you can import your car though the salt air and heat will destroy it very quickly. Have you looked at the BVI government web site?

1 post
4. Re: Any canadian expat on this forum?

Yes, but it is not that clear. I know the shipping cost is expensive. But I dont know about the costum calculation over a used car. (Sorry about my english. Auto correct problems with my cell phone)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
316 posts
143 reviews
5. Re: Any canadian expat on this forum?

I think it's 25% on the value - have never done an import - you might want to move this conversation to traveltalkonline.com where there are many more experts on BVI

Reply to: Any canadian expat on this forum?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about British Virgin Islands