We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day excursions from Scrub Island

Florida
Level Contributor
7 posts
29 reviews
Day excursions from Scrub Island

Hi! We are staying at Scrub Island in March (2 adults and 1 child, age 6) for 7 nights and looking to explore the BVIs. Currently on the agenda is to visit The Baths via ferry and taxi/car rental on Virgin Gorda. However, I'm looking for recommendations for the following:

1. JVD from Scrub- best way to get there without renting a private boat charter?

2. Easy day trips from Scrub on Tortola or other islands (we love beautiful beaches and good snorkel spots)?

Thank you for your input and help! We are excited.

2 replies to this topic
boston
Level Contributor
664 posts
67 reviews
1. Re: Day excursions from Scrub Island

To get to JVD, land cab or rental car to West End. There is a ferry called New Horizon which goes between Tortola and JVD. Schedule is on website- keep scrolling down- I missed it the first time, but the site suggests that you get in contact with the service. Roundtrip is $25. Ferry itself is brand new as of October 2017 (after hurricanes.)

British Virgin...
Level Contributor
851 posts
10 reviews
2. Re: Day excursions from Scrub Island

Have you asked Scrub? Dive BVI used to offer a boat trip to Jost from Scrub. I would expect that to be operating again by March.

Reply to: Day excursions from Scrub Island
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Tortola