We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mad Dog Restaurant and Bar on VG is closed

Charlottesville...
Level Contributor
2,029 posts
112 reviews
Mad Dog Restaurant and Bar on VG is closed

Inge and Rose were not able to renew the lease, perhaps the owner has other plans for this popular restaurant near the Baths:

http://www.maddogbvi.net/

Rose will continue to manage her other restaurants: Chez Bamboo, Bath & Turtle and the Rendezvous Bar

Bon appetit, honeymoon2 http://www.youtube.com/user/honeymoon2

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
4,266 posts
57 reviews
1. Re: Mad Dog Restaurant and Bar on VG is closed

I got the impression from Rose that since they had made Mad Dog better the owner was not interested in renewing their lease...she did not say that to us but I'm reading between the lines. It was a great place for a lunch! We'll miss it on our next visit.

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,792 posts
7 reviews
2. Re: Mad Dog Restaurant and Bar on VG is closed

We don't know what is going to happen to the property yet. The owner, who also owns Toad Hall from what I understand, has not made their plans public. Let's all hope for the best.

Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
344 posts
30 reviews
3. Re: Mad Dog Restaurant and Bar on VG is closed

Toad Hall has been for sale for many,many years. The owner has had some medical issues. Maybe it would be easier to sell Toad Hall with Mad Dogs not in operation. I do know that real estate sales in the BVI are very limited. Economy is not good. However it is a wonderful island with many things in it,s favor. It will come back!

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,792 posts
7 reviews
4. Re: Mad Dog Restaurant and Bar on VG is closed

Thanks for additional information and positive outlook, tpcook. That certainly seems a pausible explanation..

Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
344 posts
30 reviews
5. Re: Mad Dog Restaurant and Bar on VG is closed

Mad Dog was one of my favorite spots for lunch. Always enjoyed the chickens. They will be hurting with no food dropping on the ground or in my case intentionally falling off.

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,792 posts
7 reviews
6. Re: Mad Dog Restaurant and Bar on VG is closed

I remember the first time I took my youngest son there. He was about three. We were eating lunch on the porch and a chicken jumped up on the table and stole a Cheeto out of his hand. He pretty much thought Mad Dogs was the greatest place ever after that moment. Badgered us to go back every trip. Fortunately, the house we have been renting is only about a two minute walk from there so it was never a big deal to stroll over.

Edited: 30 August 2013, 17:48
Nations Capital
Level Contributor
1 post
13 reviews
7. Re: Mad Dog Restaurant and Bar on VG is closed

Sorry to see it closed, a funky kinda place. The "Top Of The Baths" is next door with terrific views, it will do in a pinch...

Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
344 posts
30 reviews
8. Re: Mad Dog Restaurant and Bar on VG is closed

I hear thru the grapevine that Steve has opened Mad Dogs again. Will be down in Oct to give you a first hand experience

ACB
Rhode Island
Destination Expert
for Virgin Gorda
Level Contributor
2,792 posts
7 reviews
9. Re: Mad Dog Restaurant and Bar on VG is closed

Thank you, tpcook. Really appreciate the information!

Boston
Level Contributor
1,627 posts
32 reviews
10. Re: Mad Dog Restaurant and Bar on VG is closed

Trying to stay in the loop. Who is Steve?

Thanks.

Get answers to your questions about Virgin Gorda
Recent Conversations