We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bars/restaurants

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
Bars/restaurants

Hello! My husband and I will be in Anegada for three nights after Christmas, prior to heading over the Scrub Island/Tortola for a week. We’re staying at the Anegada Beach Club but want to get out and explore the island some while we’re there. Are there any cool/laid back bars/restaurants that we should hit while we’re there?

Thank you!

18 replies to this topic
Toledo, Ohio
Level Contributor
63 posts
1 review
11. Re: Bars/restaurants

Oops, yes I knew that, sorry. Typing too fast.

Smithfield, Rhode...
Level Contributor
2,418 posts
39 reviews
10 helpful votes
12. Re: Bars/restaurants

Definitely rent a car. We used the service from our hotel for first couple of days. Which was fine and I think $12 per day but we had to let them know what time to come pick us up, limiting our time plus we really weren’t sure how long we wanted to spend at each location. So we rented a car for the rest of the week and best decision. We went so far off the beaten path and found great stretches of beaches.

We spent lots of time at ABC. Just loved it there.

Really enjoyed driving all over the island.

Groningen, The...
Level Contributor
316 posts
540 reviews
223 helpful votes
13. Re: Bars/restaurants

I hired a Moke from Anegada Reef Hotel. Much more fun to drive than a standard car.

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
14. Re: Bars/restaurants

Hahaha!!!

Chadds Ford...
Level Contributor
184 posts
22 reviews
32 helpful votes
15. Re: Bars/restaurants

Cow wreck and big bamboo during the day, then kisses at night.

Wilmington, North...
Level Contributor
36 posts
3 reviews
16. Re: Bars/restaurants

Travelingcelt - I apologize for laughing at your comment about the moke. I thought you were jokingly referring to a donkey :)

I now know what the other kind of “moke” is. Do you remember what the approximate cost was to rent a moke? They look like they’d be a lot of fun!!

Groningen, The...
Level Contributor
316 posts
540 reviews
223 helpful votes
17. Re: Bars/restaurants

I can confirm that they are as much fun as they look.

I think the cost was $60 for one day, plus a bit extra for fuel and insurance (sorry can't remember the details). According to the Anegada Reef Hotel facebook page they come from a company called landhrentals_anegada. Their phone number is 284-441-0799 and their email is landh.anegada@gmail.com

BTW I didn't know that Moke was a term for donkey, so you live and learn.

Elgin, Illinois
Level Contributor
331 posts
15 reviews
14 helpful votes
18. Re: Bars/restaurants

Yup car is the way to go.

Wonky Dog definitely for dinner.

Big Bamboo, Cow Wreck are great. We also loved going by the Anegada Beach Club bar and having a drink there. Potters by the Sea is also a blast especially when they pull in the giant bags of lobsters!

Reply to: Bars/restaurants
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Anegada
Recent Conversations