We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Departure Tax?

San Diego...
Level Contributor
10 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Departure Tax?

I just read that there is a $25US pp departure tax when leaving Cayman.

What method(s) of payment do they accept?

If I don't have enough cash left at the end of the trip, does that mean I have to stay? :)

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Departure Tax?

If you are arriving by commercial carrier (airline, cruise, etc...) the departure tax will be included in the cost of your fare ticket.

If arriving by private means or charter than you would have to pay upon your departure. Cash (US or KY) or credit card.

And yes, if you do not have the funds to pay upon your departure you get to stay....in the North Ward prison. ;-)

Sta. Clara
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Departure Tax?

Can't you pay by credit card? But for sure there's ATM nearby where you can get your funds.

Trophy Club, Texas
Destination Expert
for Cayman Islands
Level Contributor
6,390 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Departure Tax?

Yes, as stated you can pay by credit card. There is also an ATM at the airport and some near the customs department at the cruise terminal.

Sta. Clara
Level Contributor
56 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Departure Tax?

Sorry I missed the credit card part of your reply.

5. Re: Departure Tax?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 21 April 2011, 00:16
Get answers to your questions about Grand Cayman
Recent Conversations