We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

'Temptations Duty Free' at the Airport - be Careful!!

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
'Temptations Duty Free' at the Airport - be Careful!!

Hello

I have just came back from our holiday in St Kitts and Nevis and had wonderful 10 day there. This is our second visit to St Kitts and Nevis. As always I wanted to buy a couple gifts for my family and visited a shop called 'Temptations Duty Free', next to Swarovski and Pandora shop at the Airport in St Kitts. I bought 3 small bracelets there, and I was mislead and told by a shop owner that they were made of silver. They even had small labels with the same information on them, however the labels were removed, apparently for inventory reason, when I paid for them at the pay desk. When I arrived home, the following morning I found out that the barcelets are made of cheap metal and not silver at all!! I paid 115 US Dollars and I am angry and sad at the same time. I thought that when I am purchasing goods at the airport they must be genuine.The people from that shop are dishonest and I thought I want to let you know about it. I tried to call them and ask for explanation but when I got through there was a meassage: 'Incoming calls to that number are restricted'. It is unfair to give wrong information to people, who within a few hours will be a long way away and unable to go back and complain.I am going to call the airport and ask for assistance.I want to return the bracelets and want my money back, it sounds like they are worth 15 US Dollars and not 115 US, which I was charged for! So be careful, because I am v disappointed.

Kaohsiung, Taiwan
2 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: 'Temptations Duty Free' at the Airport - be Careful!!

This is very sad to hear and I hope someone can pass on that message to them as not to spoil the image of St.Kitts and Nevis. Thanks for making this post I would try and get the message to them.

St Albans, United...
Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 'Temptations Duty Free' at the Airport - be Careful!!

Dear Miguel

Thank you for your reply.Your islands are amazing! I love visiting them because I feel safe, comfortable, relaxed and meet friendly and welcoming people. However, what happend in the shop is not acceptable, wherever it is. After a phone call today, reagarding my complaint, I hope that now we will be able to solve this very soon. I would like to add that I am very impressed with a quick reaction from the airport authority, followed by a phone call from 'Temptations Duty Free' management. I only hope that something like this would never occur again. Warm wishes,Urszula

Level Contributor
3 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 'Temptations Duty Free' at the Airport - be Careful!!

Did you end up getting your money back?

4. Re: 'Temptations Duty Free' at the Airport - be Careful!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 May 2014, 00:15
Get answers to your questions about St. Kitts