We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Planning full day in St. Kitts and need sugestions

Mt. Pleasant
2 posts
Save Topic
Planning full day in St. Kitts and need sugestions

We are cruising to St. Kitts and would like to put together a "package" of things to do so we can enjoy the water and see the sights on land. Group of 8 including teenagers.

Mountain Lake...
Level Contributor
47 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Planning full day in St. Kitts and need sugestions

When my husband and I were there in 2012 we did not plan this island. We planned a lot before we left through Trip Advisor. So when we got off the ship we found that we were bombarded with taxi drivers and people holding monkeys. Luckily I recognize a yellow shirted guy from Royston Tours. I walked over to him and asked him if he had room for us on his tour of the island. Yes he did!!!! So glad because he had a wonderful mini van with AC. This was a land tour so we went to the Brimhill Fortress, Batik store, sugar cane mill, black volcanic rocks, place on the island where the oceans collide (Atlantic and Caribbean). We were then asked if we wanted chicken or beef. What that meant is on our way to the beach he stopped at a Café and he brought out tortilla wraps with meat and guacamole. Drinks the whole way in the mini van. He left us at the beach for a couple of hours. Beach chairs and drinks there were sold separately, but you could bring your lunch and grab drinks from his cooler and bring them with you to the beach. I don't know if your teens will like all the tour, but this one does glimpse all the highlights and have beach time. We are going back in March this year (2014) and since we have seen the highlights of St. Kitts we are thinking of going on Leeward Island Tours or Blue Safaris to do a catamaran over to Nevis. (You can see the island of Nevis when you are standing at the top of the Fortress.....that is how close they are.) That one also includes a lunch and drinks and gets you back to the port before the cruise ship leaves. The Royston tour was somewhere between $40-60. I HIGHLY suggest you know what you are doing and where you are going before you go!!

2. Re: Planning full day in St. Kitts and need sugestions

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 February 2015, 20:17
Get answers to your questions about Basseterre