We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi tours from Charleston, NEVIS

Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
Taxi tours from Charleston, NEVIS

Arriving by ship on a Sunday. My husband & I would like to do a 2 - 3 hour taxi tour on Nevis. Are there ample taxis, and roughly what would the price be? Thank you.

8 replies to this topic
Albert Lea...
Level Contributor
553 posts
9 reviews
1. Re: Taxi tours from Charleston, NEVIS

If your ship is calling on Nevis, there will be taxis at the ferry dock to offer tours. I am assuming that you will be tendered in from the ship. The prices should be reasonable. Nevis is a small island and even with stops at different points of interest you will see most of Nevis in 2-3 hours even with a lunch stop.

Edited: 30 June 2016, 16:20
Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
2. Re: Taxi tours from Charleston, NEVIS

Thanks for your comments. Yes, we will be tendered. Could you give me an idea of what you consider a "reasonable" price? I know it has to be a rough guess, but even that would be helpful.

Many thanks, Dianne

Texas
Destination Expert
for Nevis
Level Contributor
7,689 posts
9 reviews
3. Re: Taxi tours from Charleston, NEVIS

Not sure of "current' rates (we haven't taken a taxi in years) since the government may have recently granted the taxi drivers a fare increase but it will be something in the range of about $25US per hour. Rates are set by law so all taxis will charge the same.

Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
4. Re: Taxi tours from Charleston, NEVIS

Thank you. That's exactly the information I needed.

Regards, Dianne

Canada
Level Contributor
21 posts
4 reviews
5. Re: Taxi tours from Charleston, NEVIS

Thanks for this additional information. It was exactly what we needed to know.

Kind regards,

Dianne

Level Contributor
2 posts
223 reviews
6. Re: Taxi tours from Charleston, NEVIS

Currently, $80 for a 3 hr tour. As mentioned, the govt sets the rate. The drivers are all experienced (they have to take a course in tourism). A great way to see the Island.

Stoutsville, Ohio
1 post
7. Re: Taxi tours from Charleston, NEVIS

We took a three hour taxi tour on 3/14/2018 and the cost of the tour was $80.00 It was an amazing way to visit the entire island. The driver even stopped at the IGA Grocery store so we could do a little shopping. Wow I want to go back, it was an amazing week at the four seasons resort and was nice to spend close to four hours visiting all the ins, churches, schools and we even the hospital. I could go on for hours but wont spoil your visit. .

New York City
Level Contributor
30 posts
186 reviews
8. Re: Taxi tours from Charleston, NEVIS

We took a full island tour last week and the cost was $75. And we were allowed to get out and explore a couple of places like Montpelier. Just be careful with communication because if the driver has to backtrack or ends the tour and then takes you somewhere else, the price will go up.

Reply to: Taxi tours from Charleston, NEVIS
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted