We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Port of Spain

1 post
Save Topic
Port of Spain

I will be traveling to Trinidad in a few weeks during may. I can’t seem to find much info on things to do online, any tips or suggestions on where to stay and things to do and how to stay safe would be appreciated.

14 replies to this topic
Trinidad
Level Contributor
1,582 posts
83 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Port of Spain

Really? Nothing online?

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,490 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Port of Spain

If you're coming for the beaches then you'll have more choice on the island of Tobago.

Panama City, Panama
Level Contributor
20,946 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Port of Spain

What sort of things do you want to do ?

From where are you travelling ?

Trinidad
Level Contributor
60 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Port of Spain

You need to provide some more info. What are your interests? What's your budget? What did you have in mind to see/do?

Trinidad
Level Contributor
19 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Port of Spain

Hi K,

Where will you be staying when you are in Trinidad?

There are a lot of things to do, from water activities to nightlife. Let us know some of your interests so we can help!

Regarding safety, are you traveling alone ?

Boerne, Texas
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Port of Spain

Any recommended day excursions to see/hear Pan music? Our cruise will dock at Port of Spain from 7am to 4pm and we would love to take in some Pan music while we are there.

Tampa, Florida
Level Contributor
9,490 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Port of Spain

ckcolbert, it might be too early for the steel bands to be practicing as Carnival is not till Feb/Mar next year.

If that is so you can take a walk along Frederick St. (a main shopping street). It is about a mile long and at the North end you will come to the Savannah around which there are several colonial style buildings. The distance around the Savannah is 3 miles. There should also be coconut vendors where you can drink the water right out of the coconut.

Port of Spain...
Level Contributor
175 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Port of Spain

that is too far to walk he needs to take a taxi and then decide if he wants to walk or visit the various place around the savannah. As a POS resident I don't think that walk is safe when you don't know where you are going.

Sheffield, United...
Level Contributor
46 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Port of Spain

Hi,

Can I get bake n sharke from street stalls/cafes near the cruise port in POS.

Thanks.

Trinidad
6 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Port of Spain

Hi ..

Take the hassle out of your Trip let a reputable ground Transfer service but try the ones that offer Tours

here is a very good one..https://abxshuttleserv.webs.com/featured-tours-fortrinidad

Reply to: Port of Spain
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Port of Spain
Recent Conversations