We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Palm Grove Villas, Grand Turk

1 post
1 review
Save Topic
Palm Grove Villas, Grand Turk

My parents just returned from a month long stay in Grand Turk and only stayed three weeks due to the condition if their rented place. It was not as advertised on the web site. The rental was run down, not clean, dirty linens and holes in the window screens. Music at the bar down the street almost every night rattled the windows until 1 or 2 am. Had a wonderful time exploring the island, but would recommend stating at this private rental. Have been twice before and never stayed anywhere this bad.

Ottawa, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Palm Grove Villas, Grand Turk

Thank you for the review. I was contemplating staying here, but I think I will stick with the Bohio resort.

Providenciales
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Palm Grove Villas, Grand Turk

I agree this place is appalling! it is not as advertised on the internet, the photos that are on the website are prior to the damage from Hurricane Ike in 2008 and little has been done to repair the damage. There are much nicer places to stay on the beautiful island of Grand Turk which I would not hesitate to recommend for a lovely peaceful Caribbean holiday but do not stay here.

3. Re: Palm Grove Villas, Grand Turk

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 18 May 2011, 18:35
South Orange, New...
1 post
Save Reply
4. Re: Palm Grove Villas, Grand Turk

I had a different experience at the Palm Grove Villas. I stayed there in March of 2011 with my three children and it was great. The house was well-appointed and clean, and it was located directly across from the beach. The man who took care of the house (forgot his name) let us use the golf cart to get around the island and was accomodating of all of our requests.

The island itself is remote, so I would advise anyone to reseach beforehand and know what to expect, but if you decide to stay on Grand Turk the Grove Villas is a great selection.

Toronto, Canada
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: Palm Grove Villas, Grand Turk

I think I was one of the first people ever to rent Dino's houses in Grand Turk. I invited friends down a week at a time for a month, from France, the US and Canada. We had an amazing time. The houses are almost on the beach so you get all the ocean sounds without the sand and wet. It is a nice private, long walking beach with the coral reef almost to the edge of the water and I only ever saw two people in all the time I was there. Every night we would walk to town, have dinner and dance into the wee hours then walk back along the beach in the moonlight, watching the light of the plankton as we slid our feet through the water. Dino was a good host and always made sure we had whatever we needed or made sure his manager took care of it. The furnishings feel like south seas and the amenities are lovely. It is a laid back island but the dive wall is amazing, the bands are great and everything is walking distance. I like a bit less dressed up and more laid back as well as less commercial, more local culture and this island suits me. I have been longing to go back but my schedule keeps me bound in the winter. I send people to Dino all the time and remember my times on this glorious island.

love much

are of sunshine

Level Contributor
32 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Palm Grove Villas, Grand Turk

Was it that bad? We were thinking of staying here for the month of January next year. Do you know of any other condos or villas to rent at an reasonable price?

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Palm Grove Villas, Grand Turk

I stayed at Palm Grove Villas in Feb 2012 and had a great time!!!! The property is quaint and well-maintained. The interior was very clean and I loved the beautiful stone mosaic showers and exotic furniture. I was also pleasantly surprised at the thoughtfulness of the property manager Joab who was very helpful and accommodating.

The houses were private and only about a ten minute walk to the dive shops, restaurants, bars & nightlife (though this Island doesn’t have much of a night life lol). The golf carts we rented with the property were a blast and the best way to get around on this small Island.

I loved having the feel of a private beach which is just steps away from the houses and has beautiful soft sand I spent lots of time on the beach relaxing, searching for beach glass, shells, and watching the sunsets every night.

The Scuba diving on Grand Turk is amazing, so much to see!! I swam with schools of fish, saw a few turtles, a barracuda, many lionfish and such colourful coral, it's amazing being down there, so peaceful, another world...It was my first time and I am thrilled that my introduction to Scuba Diving was in Turks with Smitty from Grand Turk Diving who was so nice and patient!

Truly loved the property that we stayed in and have been recommending this property to my friends and family and will definitely stay here again. Really enjoyed my time in Grand Turks, a trip I will never forget!!!!

Toronto, Canada
2 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Palm Grove Villas, Grand Turk

OH as per my previous post, the bars and restaurants are about a ten minute walk from this property and thus I am perplexed as to why the original post states "Music at the bar down the street almost every night rattled the windows until 1 or 2 am."? Perhaps the reviewer has confused this property with another property as it appears they are writing a review on behalf of their parents? Regardless, there are no bars down the street, I heard no loud music, nothing rattled the windows, and the property was clean and well maintained. Please feel free to contact me, the property was great and i recommend it to my friends and family:-)

Smithtown
Level Contributor
127 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Palm Grove Villas, Grand Turk

The bar "Sunset Cabana" was indeed a noise issue on occasions. It was ridiculously noisy, often until 0200, much to the ire of both tourists and residents.

It was shut down in February 2012 and is no longer an issue.

BLOOMINGDALE, OHIO
Level Contributor
158 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Palm Grove Villas, Grand Turk

I would love to visit turks an caicos but am having a hard time choosing the loction and the rental. ANy suggestions

Beth