We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

New Taxi rate

Which Turks and Caicos hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,269 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
New Taxi rate

Wow. The new taxi rates (effective July 1st) have just been posted. Wow. Will be great news for rental car companies.

maryland
Level Contributor
4,432 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: New Taxi rate

joebwan, when did you move from Jersey to Philly to Maui.

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,669 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: New Taxi rate

I am putting in my next trip as my location, although Philly was a brief stay at a place with bad food, if you know what I mean.

maryland
Level Contributor
4,432 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: New Taxi rate

Maui next, cool.

$35 pp to OCW, I think not. Did I read it right?

Edited: 25 June 2013, 19:07
Newport Beach...
Level Contributor
2,569 posts
56 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: New Taxi rate

When are you headed to Maui, Joe? We are going to be there in late October...staying in Wailea area....can't wait!

Yes, the price list is a little confusing....does it mean $35.00 per person or per couple?

new york
Level Contributor
452 posts
Save Reply
15. Re: New Taxi rate

If that's per person, I'm getting my wish of the rental car from airport pickup to airport drop off!

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
13,485 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: New Taxi rate

The way the taxi works on provo:

$35 to OCW one way for the first 2 persons. (so if solo, you still pay the initial $35 regardless). Rest of the family, pays half that per extra person. So family of 3= $52.50. If a couple and a solo who don't know each other share the ride, then it's $70 for the same ride.

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
6,669 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
17. Re: New Taxi rate

Maui very soon Patty, first time to Hawaii too!

Those rates are all per two people, as blamona said. I agree the rental car companies should be happy, but unfortunately most tourists do not know these rates until they get hosed.

maryland
Level Contributor
4,432 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
18. Re: New Taxi rate

2 people to OCW use to be $25-30. So I guess it isn't that much more. Just be sure if you are traveling with another person, they are your long lost brother or sister.

Halifax, Canada
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
19. Re: New Taxi rate

Joe and Patti.....enjoy Maui! We used to frequent it when we lived on the Canadian West coast! Spent about 12 wks there in total...been a long time though since we were last there!

Even with the higher cab rates, we'll still use a cab once in awhile...sure makes it's it easier when we want to enjoy a bottle of champagne!

Gloucester, Ma
Level Contributor
58 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
20. Re: New Taxi rate

Hay Scubsdave

I have tried everything to find out the TAXI rate for two with 2 bags each from the Airport to OCE. with others in the van? We were charged $40 in Dec 2013 but paid $30 in jJuly 2013. Did they go up that much? Or was I hosed.

Get answers to your questions about Turks and Caicos