We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Jellyfish?

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Hudson Valley, NY
Level Contributor
209 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Jellyfish?

Will there be alot of jellyfish on the beaches and out on the reefs around Provo this time of year?

Providenciales
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
3,945 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Jellyfish?

That would depend mostly on the direction of the wind and currents--but it is rarely a problem.

Powell, Ohio
Level Contributor
113 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Jellyfish?

I doubt it

Chicago
Level Contributor
12 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Jellyfish?

Jellyfish can be a problem around May but not this tome of year.

Hudson Valley, NY
Level Contributor
209 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Jellyfish?

Had a bad experience one year in the Florida Keys; there were swarms of Jellyfish. You couldn't avoid them while snorkeling...

Providenciales
Level Contributor
774 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Jellyfish?

My son had a small bite when we were out by Sapodilla Bay before (water is extremely calm) but never at any other beach.

manhattan
11 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Jellyfish?

i have been to turks at least 10 times (at all times of the year) and NEVER seen a jelly fish there! you have nothing to worry about!

massachusett
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,692 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Jellyfish?

Yes , there are Thimble Jellyfish at times on Grace Bay. I have NOT seen them in many years, they don't have a schedule. I have seen them in masses 3 years in a row in May about 10 years ago I believe It depends on the water temps, and currents. You may run into a couple here and there but they are easy to spot ,and avoid. Thimbles are Brown in color and about the size of a half dollar.

8. Re: Jellyfish?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 09 April 2010, 00:17