We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Water Temperature??

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
virginia
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Topic
Water Temperature??

I've been checking 3 webcams daily (I know, I'm obssessing!) and I've noticed that no one is swimming. Is the water cold this time of the year? We'll be there in two weeks. Last time we visited was in September and I swear the water was just as warm as the air at 85 degrees! Just curious at this time of the year

Northern B.C.
9 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Water Temperature??

Here is a c/p that I found on the forum

credit goes to WhereWhenHow

Average Sea Water Temperatures

Dec/Jan/Feb/Mar 75-77°F 24-25°C

April/May 77-80°F 25-27°C

Jun/Jul/Aug 82-86°F 28-30°C

Sep/Oct/Nov 77-81°F 25-27°C

end c/p

Nantucket...
Level Contributor
37 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Water Temperature??

I'm curious too - anyone down there now who can give an update on temp? I'm a big swimmer, will be sad if water is too cold to swim when we're there next week :-(

New York
Level Contributor
716 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Water Temperature??

I was there a week and a half ago, when the sun is shining you can't wait to get in the water. You will love it. However, the past three weeks there has been a lot of clouds and people have been less inclined to go in. The ocean is much warmer than the hotel pools.

I would not worry if I was you.

And if you are watching the web cams, some of them show dark spots on the water, that is called Turtle grass, about an in and a half to two inches tall and that part of the water is way over your head. Even the Jolly Green Giants!

Have a nice time

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,482 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Water Temperature??

If you can go in the waters off of NY/NJ during the summer, the water temps in Provo will not be an issue. No worries.

Edited: 04 March 2010, 14:16
Hanover, Maryland
4 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Water Temperature??

What are the web addresses for those said web cams? I would love to check them out. Thanks!!!

Foxboro...
Level Contributor
2,482 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Water Temperature??

I know of one... Here you go:

theregentgrandresort.com/regentwebcam.html

virginia
Level Contributor
37 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Water Temperature??

Here are two more that I watch

theweathernetwork.com/weather_cams/CMTCXX0001

www.villablueheaven.com

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Water Temperature??

The water temp is warmer than the water up north in the summer. If you are the type that gets cold then get a rash guard to wear. Most of the time people are not cold because of the water temp but of their wet back and head that is always in the wind. Most of my people, once we are finished with the tour, want to stay in the water longer since it feels warmer in the water than outside of it.

new jersey
Level Contributor
47 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Water Temperature??

I am here right now, from March 1 through March 5

The weather is terrible, the water is rough as hell, red flags out every day with 20-30mph winds

I am an advanced open water diver, love swimming in the ocean and have gone only on one dive and have not dared to go swimming-sorry but someone has to post the truth around here. The water is cold, I had a 3mm wetsuit on for a 2 minute swim to the diveboat and it was not comfortable

Furthermore, weather has been horrible for at least the last month or so, so this week was nothing new. Its so cold and windy its actually impossible to lay on the beach for more than an hour even if its not raining. If someone had posted an honest review like this before, I would have gladly paid the extra cash and purchased a vacation further south in the Carribean even at the last minute and with no hope of refund for this one to Turks. Per the locals and per a two Americans, (one who has been coming here for 12 yrs, another for over 40 annually) this is the worse winter they have ever experienced in Turks. I am going to post a seperate review under Turks weather.

New York City, New...
Level Contributor
227 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Water Temperature??

oh no! i will be there this wknd :(