We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

shark bite restaurant doesn't feed sharks !!!!

Providenciales
1 post
1 review
Save Topic
shark bite restaurant doesn't feed sharks !!!!

well I' ve been working in the " TURTLE " cove marina for a period of 4 years .. by night time you can see sharks by the marina , they go after turtles there , the best spot to see them is the " shark bite restaurant ". The restaurant has nothing to do with feeding the sharks only customers throw left overs to them .

NJ
Level Contributor
1,387 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: shark bite restaurant doesn't feed sharks !!!!

We loved Sharkbites for lunch (conch fritters - yammy). Next time I hope we'll see sharks! We saw one big nurse shark and huge rays at the beach of our rented villa very close to marina.

New York
Level Contributor
716 posts
43 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: shark bite restaurant doesn't feed sharks !!!!

It is definitely an experience and I've only seen the sharks in the evening. Never saw them go after a Turtle and if they did, I'd throw my food in the water to distract them, the Turtles are very cool!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: shark bite restaurant doesn't feed sharks !!!!

We've been visiting the TCI annually since 1999.

We've walked past the "Sharkbite" numorous times, if only to wave to the few tourists we've seen there, and of course, the Sharkbite staff.

All our best to you, the sharks, the tourists, the turtles, and anything else that survives.

Enjoy. :-)

Edited: 06 January 2011, 00:24
Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: shark bite restaurant doesn't feed sharks !!!!

Freetrip1210............was someone saying they did. Of course they do not feed the sharks. You should really never feed anything. One reason is that is not what they eat. The sharks come around because of the fisherman that throw the fish guts overboard. Shark Bite is a great place to eat drink and on Fridays listen to a live band.

5. Re: shark bite restaurant doesn't feed sharks !!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 July 2011, 02:41