We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any good "hidden" beaches to visit?

Kansas City...
Level Contributor
18 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Any good "hidden" beaches to visit?

We're leaving for Turks and Caicos in 4 days and are wondering if there are any cool hidden spots that anyone has found. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,087 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Any good "hidden" beaches to visit?

Although not really hidden, Taylor and Sapodilla Bays are worth going to. Both are in residential areas, but are generally empty and have shallow water for a ways out.

There are some others on the Western end of the island (Malcomb's, Bonefish Point, etc) that are not recommended since there have been some robberies out there.

You could also take the ferry to North and Middle Caicos and find lots of unpopulated beaches.

Turks and Caicos...
Level Contributor
33 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Any good "hidden" beaches to visit?

Drevil, please feel free to stop by Northwest Point Resort while here and I would be pleased to direct you to our secret spots, that are well north of Malcolm Beach.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,242 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Any good "hidden" beaches to visit?

Joe, you mentioned before the low tide possibility at Taylor bay in the summer. Is there a particular time of the day thats better to visit, or the probability isnt really very high?

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Any good "hidden" beaches to visit?

My favorite "hidden beach" is Mudjin Harbour on Middle Caicos.

Actually, if you take the path behind Blue Horizon Resort, past the "praying hands" statue, you'll enter a cave that takes you down to the ultimate "hidden beach."

Trust me, it's well worth the ferry ride and rental car. :-)

Said it before, I'll say it again (BTW, I also said it in the July issue of Caribbean Travel + Life magazine), Mudjin Harbour is top of our list for the most breath-taking beach in all the TCI. :-)

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,087 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Any good "hidden" beaches to visit?

In my best Ziggy voice:

Umm, not at whatever time low tide is that day? ; )

But seriously, low tide and high tide happen twice each in about 24 hours everyday, and it changes everyday, so check the time before you go and either go see it empty or full, depending on your preference.

I use Winguru.com for tide charts.

Staten Island, New...
Destination Expert
for Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
12,242 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Any good "hidden" beaches to visit?

Lol, sounds good man

Summerfield
Level Contributor
21 posts
79 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Any good "hidden" beaches to visit?

We visited Pelican Bay Beach, Taylor & Sapodilla Bay Beach. Be sure to go to end of the road at Sapodilla Bay. There is a trail on the ocean side that leads out to a concrete pergola at end the end of the point. The views of the ocean & the bay are fantastic.

Richmond, Virginia
Level Contributor
156 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Any good "hidden" beaches to visit?

I second that caribdesi. thanks to joebwan's post & the middle caicos map he provided back in '08, we went to mudjin today & it was as every1 described, all rocky & hellish & then paradise.

Mullica Hill, New...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
7,087 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Any good "hidden" beaches to visit?

Glad you got to see Mudjin Harbour caylan. It is pretty spectacular!

CaribDesi,

You are quoted in CT&L? What's up with that? I don't get that mag any more.

Edited: 27 June 2011, 06:32
Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
14,985 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Any good "hidden" beaches to visit?

Joeb--he's consider T&Cs TA premier expert! Legend in his own mind! ;-)

Another gores do not miss beach is by excursion to Half Moon Bay. It's stunning!

There are some gorgeous strands on other of TCI islands, but require quite a bit of effort.