We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tuscany vs. Windsong - 25th Anniversary

Which Providenciales hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Hampshire
Level Contributor
119 posts
10 reviews
Save Topic
Tuscany vs. Windsong - 25th Anniversary

My wife and I are planning our first trip to Provo (25th anniversary) in July 2012. 4 nights, budget is $2500 (could go higher for "perfect", but more comfortable within that figure).

We're kind of waffling between Windsong and Tuscany (although we would still consider other places). We're looking for a 1BR that also has a separate room (my wife goes to bed very early - I like to stay up later).

It's hard to tell from the Tuscany website whether the 1BR has a separate living area. It appears that they do, but wanted to make sure. Can anybody confirm?

Does either resort have snorkeling (even if it's only "ok" snorkeling) right off the beach where it's located, or will I need to travel?

It sounds like restaurant choices are limited at/near Tuscany. How long a drive is it to restaurants, shopping, activities? What about at Windsong?

For both resorts, are there food stores nearby? We plan to go out to dinner maybe twice, and eat in the rest of the time.

Anything that jumps out about either resort relative to the other - good or bad? Any other resorts that we should be considering, based on some of the info provided and my questions?

Finally, I understand there's only one golf course on Provo. Is it any good?

Washington DC...
Destination Expert
for Turks and Caicos
Level Contributor
13,940 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tuscany vs. Windsong - 25th Anniversary

Golf course is excellent for an island course.

Both resorts are gorgeous, Windsong is in front of snorkeling, has snuba (very cool!) and is more full service.

Both 1 bedrooms or larger have full kitchens, living rooms, 2 TVs, etc. This includes Tuscany. Tuscany is a little more self-catering. Both in my opinion require a rental car for the better restaurants, and supermarket, but it's a small island and everything is minutes away. From Tuscany you need the car to snorkel too.

With your budget I highly recommend eating dinners out. Although expensive, the settings are out of this world, and food is excellent. For only 4 nights, I think anniversary should be special. Reserve the special "on the beach" table at Bay Bistro. (not really on the beach, but as close as you can get) Also do Coco Bistro. Make sure to have drinks at The Deck at Seven Stars (amazing atmosphere) and Anacaona (amazing setting)

2. Re: Tuscany vs. Windsong - 25th Anniversary

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 12:18