We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gloria's Taxi

Aston, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
923 posts
19 reviews
Save Topic
Gloria's Taxi

We are going to be staying at Atlantic Ocean Beach Villa and Gloria's Taxi was recommended to use from the airport. I was thinking we should stop at the IGA on the way to the villa and stock up. This way we dont have to make a trip once we unpack and can just relax and start the vacation. Has anyone done this and have any idea how much it would cost to add this to our fare to the villa. Can I get beer, wine and liquor at the IGA as well?

Providenciales
Level Contributor
1,553 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Gloria's Taxi

I do not know how much extra it would cost but most people stop at the IGA first. If you are arriving on a Sunday you will not be able to get alcohol. IGA sells everything you would need.

Aston, Pennsylvania
Level Contributor
923 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gloria's Taxi

Thanks SnubaGirl. It will be a Saturday so I should be able to get all provisons. I see I'm not the only one trying to cut down cab rides.

Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Gloria's Taxi

Is Gloria the older lady who is a hoot?

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
349 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Gloria's Taxi

What time is the IGA open until on Thurs. night?

Halifax, Canada
Level Contributor
4,480 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Gloria's Taxi

Yep, I think so! Drives an old van. But boy, does she ever drive super slow! You don't have to worry about being in an accident with Gloria at the wheel!

Gigi, does that sound like the same person you're thinking of?

Edited: 15 February 2012, 20:19
Stamford, CT
Level Contributor
3,031 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Gloria's Taxi

No - the older lady that drove us- drove so fast and kept telling us God was with us! But was a super nice lady!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Gloria's Taxi

Whew! This is starting to sound like my kids' old "Crazy Taxi" video game. :-)

Graceway IGA is open until 10 p.m..

Saskatchewan
Level Contributor
349 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Gloria's Taxi

Thanks, our flight gets in around 7 pm tomorrow night, so we would like to make a pit stop for a few essentials before we go to our condo. That will work out great!

Do ppl normally book a cab before hand or just grab one at the airport?

Finger Lakes Wine...
Level Contributor
7,630 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Gloria's Taxi

Women can drive on Provo.....when did that happen? LOL

I'm sure Gloria is better qualified to drive than some of the speed bump jockeys that we have "endured".

Mike

Level Contributor
2,040 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Gloria's Taxi

Alright, Mike, enough women jokes. Taxis are used to stopping at the grocery just" leave the meter running." It cost a little more but woth not making more trips so it all pays off in the long run. Just ask if you can stop at the IGA shop really fast.

Edited: 15 February 2012, 22:40