We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pattern I've noticed with negative Beaches reviews

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
329 posts
Save Topic
Pattern I've noticed with negative Beaches reviews

All negative reviews seem to complain about the cost in relation to what you get. After traveling to the island three times prior and staying in condo resorts, airfare for three (2 adults/1 child) accommodation and three meals/drinks at $5900 cdn is a good deal from my perspective.

I need to stop reading negative reviews, they just bring me down. Yes, Provo does have some AMAZING restaurants, but with a little one, I am looking forward to shutting off my planning brain, and just go with the AI vibe. Cheers to that :)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
329 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Pattern I've noticed with negative Beaches reviews

To add to my post, last year we stayed at villa del mar, great property, but for the three of us, around 5k, and we were a bit frugal on dining out. I think the waterpark at Beaches will be a big plus for us, with our 4 year old.

Sorry for the rant, I know not all reviews can be rainbows & butterflies :)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Pattern I've noticed with negative Beaches reviews

With comparable accommodations (2BR / 2baths), Beaches would cost us much more for a week, than where we've stayed. I think that's where families often get into spending more than they'd like there.

Sounds like you got a good deal -- relax, enjoy. :-)

Connecticut
Destination Expert
for Providenciales
Level Contributor
4,832 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Pattern I've noticed with negative Beaches reviews

Yes, cheers to you for figuring out how you want to spend your hard earned money and enjoying your vacation time with your family. Have a great time and be sure to let us know how you liked Beaches compared to VDM.

Enjoy!

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Pattern I've noticed with negative Beaches reviews

I just took a look at Beaches, the same week we'll be in the T&C this June. A two-bedroom, one bath unit (family of four) is priced at $16,457 without airfares. That should make you feel better. :-)

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
329 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Pattern I've noticed with negative Beaches reviews

Thanks CaribDesi, I agree that if we needed another bedroom, the cost would not make sense. Traveling May 26 - can you tell I need a vacation :)

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
11,403 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Pattern I've noticed with negative Beaches reviews

LOL, don't we all. :-)

Rockport, Texas
Level Contributor
331 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pattern I've noticed with negative Beaches reviews

"Beaches" is so high priced even middle class millionaires flinch.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
329 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Pattern I've noticed with negative Beaches reviews

I have friends who have travelled to Punta Cana (party of 3) for 4500-5000. That seems high to me for Punta Cana.

Level Contributor
40 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pattern I've noticed with negative Beaches reviews

I agree. Some people knock AIs, but in about 11 days - I'll be so relieved to relax and not have to hunt for meals : ). We have a baby & it will be nice to have that taken care of while on vacation. I guess it's just a matter of perspective

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
329 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Pattern I've noticed with negative Beaches reviews

Lalysn, this is exactly it!

With small children, you are lucky if you can get through your meal. We really did feel that we had to "hunt" for meals last year at VDM (it was our first holiday with our son). They had a few grills set up, but were swarmed around dinner time. When our son is older (or an adults only getaway), we can do the offsite restaurant experience. For what it's worth, did visit Coco Bistro last year and loved it (we had a sitter that night).

Get answers to your questions about Providenciales